Sunday, July 23, 2006

BIAW and ... that woman ...

I had an awesome BIAW. 36,000 words! It felt great to write full-time for a week, and it'll help pay the bills. I wish I could do that every week. How many dream of writing full-time? It's an incredible job! Even on the worst days, when I was pulling out words one letter at a time, it was still ten thousand times better than my day job.

Janet W. Butler has a website. And a blog. I thought I should mention it. If I'm going to get mad at her letter to the editor, I suppose she deserves credit for her -- what's the nicest way I can put it? -- hateful views. I don't want to talk behind her back or anything.

Don't read it. She whines about Protestant fiction and how "scary" it is, (I grew up on Janette Oke and I just love Beverly Lewis!) which I take to mean from a religious point of view, because she went on to say that she's "been to New Age/Wicca sites that scare me less." Sheesh.

I'm polishing my own letter to the editor tomorrow and I'm never giving that lady another thought. She doesn't deserve it.

I'm a very open-minded person when it comes to religion. I only have two pet peeves: 1) Using religion to spread hate and discrimination, and 2) Telling me that my religion is wrong and that your religion is right. Otherwise God/dess bless you, believe anything that makes you happy. The power is in the belief ... but that's just my view. Doesn't have to be anyone else's.

We only have to look at the middle east to see what a disaster it is to make religion the law. It's a sad state of affairs, this world.

I'm fine if a person wants to believe that homosexuality is against their religion. That's their religion and that's a private affair, and they should keep it in their church and with their god/dess/s/es. I'm not fine if a person decides that anything against their religion is wrong for everyone else.

Oh well. I'm off to a bath with two Janet Evanovich books, Four to Score and High Five. I just discovered her and I'm addicted! What an amazing writer!

1 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 7/25/2006 07:19:00 PM  

36,000 words!! Girl, you blow my mind! Good for you!!

Elizabeth