Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nora agrees with me!!! Nora! THE Nora Roberts!

Okay, she wasn't here. She doesn't read my blog, and she doesn't exactly agree with me, per se. In fact, she doesn't even know I exist.

But she did have a bit to say in the comments of Kate Rothwell's Blog about that lady's letter! The great, esteemed, Nora Roberts! And a bunch of other people are speaking up, too.

I'm so glad. After I vented about that letter, everyone just seemed to shrug and sigh in disgust at what the world is coming too. And most of them (although some did!) didn't give it a second thought.

Truth be told, that letter was in one of the first issues of RWR that I read cover to cover. I've only been a member for eight months. When I read that letter to the editor, the first thought that came to my mind was, "Is this how people in RWA think? Is this sort of prejudice widely accepted?"

As you probably noticed before, I was very upset by that letter. My heart dropped. My stomach clenched. I wanted to throw up. Honestly!

BUT look ... Lauren Dane, Smart Bitches, Sybil, Karen S, and Selah March all posted about it, too!

You may find my happiness at this turn of events a little weird. Yep, it is. But I'm just ecstatic that there are nice people in RWA who are equally outraged! I'm so happy that there are people who just don't shrug and dismiss it without a second thought!

There are good people in this world! Thank the Goddess!!!

2 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 8/09/2006 03:42:00 PM  

Don't you feel vindicated now? I linked to the blog and read Nora's entries and had to chuckle when she said, "I think I know more people in RWA than she does."

Kate R 8/11/2006 06:30:00 PM  

Yeah, I'm never going to wash that corner of my blog again.

THE Nora.