Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nora's New Book! Morrigan's Cross is out!!!!!!

Yay, yay, yay!

I gotta tell you, I was a little worried about the Nora Roberts - vampire thing. As soon as I picked it up and started reading, though, I knew my fears were completely unfounded. She pulled me into her world right away, with a very sexy man no less. As usual, she's better than ever!

DH pulled it out of my hand so that I could get some writing done (forgivable because then he bought it for me). I'm working on story that I'll get paid for up to 4200 words, but a sudden twist happened and now it's probably going to be about 5000. I don't like to not get paid for words, but hey, I'll pretend I'm giving the extra words to my readers. I'm just so grateful they read anything I write!

Now I'm reluctant to read Morrigan's Cross, because once I read it, it'll be over! Isn't that crazy? I know I'm going to sad that it's over; I always am! I wish I could stay in her words and worlds forever. Maybe I'll have to go back and read Angels Fall, which I didn't like so much the first time, probably because I rushed through it and skipped bits. I've never read anything of hers that I didn't like.

(Sorry about the ADD post, skipping back and forth between topics.)

May I just interject something? I think it's so awesome of Nora Roberts, how respectful she is of Wicca and witches. And in the prologue of Morrigan's Cross, a storyteller is relating the story, a little girl pipes up, "And women, too!" Also, in the first couple chapters, she says that some people were afraid and in their houses praying to "the gods of their choosing."

Nora, you're one hell of a writer and you know what? A great lady shines through your work.

1 bonus scribbles:

Susan Helene Gottfried 4/11/2007 10:20:00 PM  

Aren't you glad you're labelling old posts? *grin*

Would you believe someone sent me a copy of this through one of my book trading sites? I got it YESTERDAY. (A group of us got together and picked a month. Each month, we send a book to the proper person. When it's our month, we get 11 books. Makes sense, huh?)

Too funny!