Friday, September 08, 2006

Funny Joke & Great Writer Just Waiting To Be Discovered

One of my chapter members, Edwina "Eddie" Columbia--a VERY FUNNY writer--posted this joke. Check out her book, Mistress In Training. It's hot and hilarious, exactly like the author! (Don't let all the flowers on her website fool you!)

Here's the joke she forwarded:

When everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Paradise, God appeared and said, "I want the men to make two lines; one line for the men who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women. I want all the women to report to St. Peter."
Soon, the women were gone and there were two lines of men. The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one man.
God said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves. I created you to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose! Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him.
God turned to the one man, "How did you manage to be the only one in this line?"
The man replied, "My wife told me to stand here."

Funny, huh? Okay, now read the joke again, but let's switch all the males for females and females for males:

When everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Paradise, God appeared and said, "I want the women to make two lines; one line for the women who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the women who were dominated by their men. I want all the men to report to St. Peter."
Soon, the men were gone and there were two lines of women. The line of the women who were dominated by their husbands was 100 miles long, and in the line of women who truly were heads of their household, there was only one woman.
God said, "You women should be ashamed of yourselves. I created you to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose! Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from her.
God turned to the one woman, "How did you manage to be the only one in this line?"
The woman replied, "My husband told me to stand here."

Not funny at all, huh? In fact, I feel repulsed by the second version. Do men feel repulsed by the first version? What does all that say about us as a society?

0 bonus scribbles: