Thursday, September 14, 2006

Workshops

I just joined a great workshop (free! check it out) on How to Write A First Draft in 14 Days, by Candy Havens. It's a good one.

But it's funny. All the workshops say the same thing: just write. This latest workshop reminded me that if I wrote 5,000 words a day, I'd have a first draft in fourteen days.

Nice to know.

When I don't have to work, I write between 5,000 and 10,000 words a day. (The 10,000 happens when tons of people owe me money and aren't paying, and I'm getting terrified that I'll never get paid for anything again, ever.)

When I do have a working day, I try to write 1,000 words at least, but I like it better when I kick it up to 3,000 words.

*sigh* Ideally, I'd like to write 20,000 words in the next three days, and then 40,000 words next week. Then I'd be all caught up, and I could focus on writing my spy novel. I'll be able to pay of my foot, too.

I can do it. I just have to get a bit desperately focused. I go to the doctor again tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too hard. $200 - 400 for 15 minutes of his time! Geezuz!

0 bonus scribbles: