Friday, October 06, 2006

The best goddamn birthday ...

I'm sorry, this is going to be one of those boring posts where I exclaim what a wonderful day it's been, and it'll only be interesting to me.

But I'm a very happy girl today, so I just have to blog about it.

First, I managed to get all my Friday chores done yesterday, so I had the WHOLE day to write. Did I mention I finished my short story and last novella last week? Well, this week I started a new one, and I'm already a third of the way through. It's just flying out of my fingers. It feels really good to me. In general, I find that the ones that I enjoy the most, are the ones I get the least reader email about.

Just goes to show that you should NOT write what you know.

But the pay's the same, and I also got an email from my other publisher asking for a novella. Things are looking good for scaling way back on my job next year. Ohmigod, may I just tell you how HAPPY I would be???

And I ended the day with a two hour fondue meal at The Melting Pot. If you ever need to get in the mood ... or get anyone else in the mood ...

Let's just say, it was incredible. Heavenly. A heavenly evening of savoring yummy food, and drinking great martinis!

So, that's a pretty good birthday. Aside from my foot, and the fact that I'm devastated that it looks like my morning tkd class might be cancelled (I can't boost attendance, because my foot's hurt!), things are looking like this is going to be one of my best years ever.

Big grin!

3 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 10/07/2006 11:12:00 AM  

Happy birthday, to you, you young whippersnapper!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day; hope you have many more of the same in the coming year.

spy scribbler 10/07/2006 05:44:00 PM  

Thank you! Gosh, I have all these good feelings about the upcoming year. Lots of things aren't good, but I feel like this year is going to be a turning point into a lot of good things.

I hope!

Jill Shalvis 10/10/2006 11:04:00 AM  

Ah, happy belated birthday!!!