Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Little Rituals

Lately, the stress has been killing me. Just working a ton, and banging out as many words as I can when I'm not working (which is actually working, too). I feel like I'm just about ready to crack in half from the stress.

So, I had a cup of tea last night. Just a tiny little thing. I know that little cup of tea will make me feel better, but most days it feels like ONE more detail, ONE more thing on a to do list.

Ten minutes, just me and a teacup.

Why don't I do it more often?

Any tips on what you guys do to relieve stress? When life just gets too busy and overwhelming? Do you drop all self-care? Or do you have some nice little rituals in your daily routine, that keep you balanced and happy?

4 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 10/10/2006 07:41:00 PM  

I take mental health days. Call off work, and don't do a damn thing for anyone else but me. It's nice. Especially when you finish it off with a tall, cool Tangueray & Tonic. mmmm... I feel better just thinking about it.

Jill 10/10/2006 09:03:00 PM  

I barely get to go to the bathroom by myself, so I get it. Sometimes I tell everyone I'm going to sleep, then I crawl into bed and under the covers with a reading light and read . . . blissful, lol!

spy scribbler 10/10/2006 09:29:00 PM  

Oh, wow. I have to try that drink! I never have.

And Jill, YES! What a fabulous idea! Although, all of a sudden, three of our four cats like to cuddle with me. Between them and the DH, I only have a tiny sliver of the bed!

Bernita 10/11/2006 05:33:00 AM  

I tend to drop it.
Which is Not Smart.