Monday, October 23, 2006

NOT writing

Ack! I'm all nervous and agitated today.

In Stephen King's On Writing, he once mentioned something along the lines of not taking a day off, because he's afraid he'll lose his skills. That's WAY paraphrased from a foggy memory.

But you know what? It's true! When I don't write for a little while, I get really nervous. See, writing's like a muscle. I can do two to three thousand a day that I work, and five to seven thousand on my days "off." BUT, I had to work my way up from one hundred a day.

Friday, I wrote only five hundred words. Saturday, Sunday, and today: nothing. (Threw a baby shower, worked a 13 hour day, and today I'm packing and working.)

Tuesday through Saturday, I'm gone. (Hey, I'm going to miss reading around everyone's blogs!)

I don't know what to do with myself. I'm feeling terrified that by the time I get back, I won't know how to write anymore.

Maybe I'll work on the first fifteen pages of my spy novel, and do some outlining and stuff. I can do some short stories, especially if I write a little in the hotel late at night. Ack!

0 bonus scribbles: