Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Overwhelming TBR

Hey! Anyone know where Miss Snark is???? I can't get my daily dose of Snarkisdom! What am I going to do???

I'm a list person, but I'm very uncomfortable with keeping lists around. When I used to work in a law office, I'd get my to-do list done by lunch. It used to drive them crazy. They'd give me more to-do, but I'd just work faster. Eventually, it got to the point that I would get my to-do list done by two, and just sit for three more hours.

What could they do?

My to be read pile has reached enormous lengths. I've recently discovered the world of blogging, and with that, I've discovered a ton of wonderful authors. I recently joined RWA (in January), and I've got a list a mile long of friends I'd like to read. Then, all these short stories are coming out, and I've got about five collections of them on a list.

In addition, I've got the backlists of several authors that I've discovered online in the past month. I have about six or seven books lying around that I want to read, and I've got two Noras coming out this month.

And today, I was wondering through Borders. I could have picked up ten or so books that I got that "oooh ... I really want to try that one!" feeling.

So I sat down and decided to make a list. Want to take a stab at how many books I have to read in my TBR pile??? How many do you have?

2 bonus scribbles:

Anonymous,  10/06/2006 09:35:00 AM  

You may need to refresh your browser to see her new posts. New ones have been up almost every day.

spy scribbler 10/06/2006 10:15:00 AM  

Thanks! She was a blank screen for an hour yesterday afternoon. Of course, the minute I blogged about it, her blog came back online, LOL.

I just can't live without my daily Snark! *grins*