Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Latest Sightings

Just found a couple cool things that I wanted to share!

First, there's a relatively new magazine out there, called BeE, "for the woman who's interested in Politics, Lifestyle, and Finance." It seems to be meant to be a cross between O Magazine, The Economist, and Vogue.

I love the idea. The execution is still shaky--it needs more Economist and less Vogue. Politics and Finance are their smallest sections, but I think it would be awesome if they were expanded.

They're pretty new. Maybe if we all buy it, they'll be able to expand, AND they'll listen to their readers, who, imho, should all share the same opinion as me. *grins*

They also talked about a collection of short stories that sounded awesome, called The Nimrod Flipout by Etgar Keret.

I read through one while standing in Borders, and it immediately went onto my "I want" list. I liked. A lot. Must read.

2 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 11/14/2006 04:29:00 PM  

That's the whole problem with asses. You can work them off but they never go away.

Glad you had fun at the conference! Sweetie got a big kick out of the "sex basket" when I got home.

spyscribbler 11/14/2006 05:26:00 PM  

LOLOL. Oh man, you got the BEST basket there! That's so awesome! I read your post about it, LOL. Cracked me up! I need one of those ...