Monday, December 18, 2006

Haiku Fun!

Another quickie this morning; I'll post more tonight. Mark Terry, over at his blog, is having a haiku contest. He says:

You know haiku, right? 3 lines, 5, 7, 5 syllables. Write a haiku about writing, post it here, and I'll select a random winner on December 21st sometime after noon EST to receive a signed copy of either THE DEVIL'S PITCHFORK or DIRTY DEEDS.

It's fun! I love playing with words, and although I'm no good at poetry, it does make me a better writer. I've taken to reading it every day, courtesy of Miss Snark's suggestion and via Daily Lit in my email, and now and then I write it. Not often enough.

Stop by! I'd love to see a bunch of haikus from you guys at his site! That'd be more of a reward than winning the contest, that's for sure!

2 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 12/18/2006 10:09:00 PM  

You are so cool. My email is bethkuilman@yahoo.com. I'd be pleased to join a groovy pacing group, esp. if you're in it! Let me know, if you have a hot sec, what the group rules are and stuff so I won't screw up everything.

JLB 12/19/2006 09:08:00 AM  

Thanks for sharing - I'll be sure to stop in!