Saturday, December 23, 2006

Okay, this is insane ...

I'm bored.

I'm supposed to be relaxing, and enjoying the holidays. I have time off, so I should be cleaning. I should be wrapping presents. I should be finishing Christmas cards. I should be reading.

Ohmigod, I just can't take this. My normal schedule goes like this: Wake up, get semi-presentable, write, eat, go to work, blog on breaks, and then I eat, practice and go to bed. I try to read as long as I can in bed.

True, I have no life.

But now I've got time off. I haven't the slightest clue what to do. Maybe I should go write, but I've been cranking it out so hard I worked myself up into a mini-breakdown. (Okay, mini-breakdown for me means getting depressed for approximately 20 hours.)

So what the hell am I supposed to do? I feel like I shouldn't work while I'm relaxing, and I feel like shouldn't relax when there's work to be done. But if I wait for work to be done, then I'll have a fifty-year long wait. There's always something to be done when you're self-employed.

Oh, f-ck it. I don't know what else to do. I'm gonna go write.

Do you ever feel like this? Sheesh! I feel like a whiny little kid!

4 bonus scribbles:

Bernita 12/24/2006 09:22:00 AM  

Get goodies.
Get books.
Read.

spyscribbler 12/25/2006 01:04:00 PM  

Wouldn't that be nice? I think the crux of the problem is that the only place to kick back and read in my house is the bedroom, or the bathroom. Doesn't do it for me.

We are working on taking back a room of the house from the business, and actually having a living room! Now wouldn't that just be amazing?!

Erik Ivan James 12/26/2006 12:51:00 PM  

Still bored?

Your schedule sounds like mine. Get up, write, work, blog a bit, eat, read in bed.

When I have some time off I get real bored - real quick so, I go to the woods...and try not to get too lost. But, I usually get lost...no longer bored.

spyscribbler 12/26/2006 01:35:00 PM  

Now that'll work! I finally figured out how to relax, and now I'm like a big lazy lump. Wow. In two days, I went from frantic busy-worker bee, to lazy cat.

Now I just gotta figure out how to get myself back into gear again.

But man, I think the cats have the life all figured out.