Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Shifting Down into First Gear

So it took me a whole day to wind down from 100 mph, a day in which I paced, read blogs, kept walking to the window, and whining to DH about having nothing to do. Christmas Eve was spent with family--a good year, this year, and Christmas Day was SO relaxing. We slept in, woke up, ate, cleaned a little, watched two movies, and then came home and went to bed.

Today, I woke up and worked for a little bit, and spent an hour in bed reading--then dozed off--and then woke up and tried to return a phone call--dozed off--and then read some more.

But, um, I'm supposed to be working today.

It's like my body and mind noticed yesterday, and said, "Hey! This is THE life. What the hell are you doing running us into the ground every day? You think you're going to push us like that again, now that we know it's possible to live life in first gear???"

And my goals are tapping their foot, saying, "Ya' gotta hurry. Only so much time in a lifetime, and so much to accomplish."

Speaking of which, I gotta get working on my goals, while finishing up last year's goals!

Psssst ... that's my little baby up there ... isn't she the cutest????

1 bonus scribbles:

Bernita 12/27/2006 09:49:00 AM  

Goodies, books, bed, IS the life.
Until one is re-charged, anyway.