Saturday, January 20, 2007

I wish I were a poet ...

I wish I were a poet. If I were a poet, I could describe the overwhelming, incredible feeling when my "niece" fell asleep in my arms, her head leaning against my breast.

But I can't describe it. I tried. I just have no words.

I know some poets out there; can you?

I missed everyone yesterday! I was gone. Today I'm doing taxes and writing. Ugh on the first, but I want to get to the second, so must run. Hopefully I'll have time to give you a better post tonight!

4 bonus scribbles:

Bernita 1/20/2007 02:24:00 PM  

"Your arms around my neck, my babe - the most precious necklace I could ever own."

spyscribbler 1/20/2007 03:12:00 PM  

Oh yes, Bernita. Thank you. :)

Erik Ivan James 1/20/2007 05:56:00 PM  

As far as I'm concerned, Spyscribbler, you said it about as well as it could be said in your opening paragraph. Poetry in prose, that paragraph is.

spyscribbler 1/20/2007 09:24:00 PM  

Thanks, Erik. I just feel so helpless to describe it.