Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rant ... rant, Rant, RANT, RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that is IT! I have HAD it! Up to HERE!

What IS it about Blogger???

If you give me this: weslyixn

I am perfectly capable of typing it back correctly. See? weslyixn

Is that not correct? Compare the two? They're correct, right? Let me double check it, letter by letter.

Yep, still correct.

Why the HELL does Blogger keep telling me I'm WRONG???????????????????

I double check, I triple check, and yet, without fail, blogger tells me I'm wrong EIGHTY PERCENT of the time. I have to enter in that silly little thing at least TWO to THREE TIMES per comment.

I AM typing it in right. I could understand if I got it wrong 10% of the time, or 20% of the time, but EIGHTY PERCENT of the time?

I am RIGHT, damnit!!!!

I. Just. Don't Get IT!!!!!!!

14 bonus scribbles:

Cassandra Tiensivu 1/23/2007 07:37:00 PM  

I run into the same problem. I think it's time-based. After so long, the verification word expires.

Rhonda 1/23/2007 08:14:00 PM  

((hugs)) the interweb sucks sometimes!!!!

The Dark Scribe 1/23/2007 08:14:00 PM  

I have the same problem. I have a lot of other problems, as well, but I'm only willing to share that one at the moment :P

Also, speaking of ranting, check out JA Konrath's new blog for just that: http://ventclub.blogspot.com

And yes, you ARE right.

Holly Kennedy 1/23/2007 09:30:00 PM  

Deep breaths, count to ten, flip a bird at your monitor... these all work well when that EXACT problem crops up for me!!!!

JLB 1/24/2007 08:36:00 AM  

I think Blogger was just taking a crap is all... it's a regular thing with Blogger. I usually just have to walk away (or try the Microsoft solution: shut down, restart), to resolve the issue.

My word verification: downpoz

now let's see if I can type it in correctly... ;)

Bernita 1/24/2007 08:58:00 AM  

Happens to me all the time.
Since I'm fumble-fingered, I just try, try again.

Liz Wolfe 1/24/2007 10:16:00 AM  

I feel your pain.
Actually I thought it was just me...LOL. I've taken to writing my comment in word first just in case I lose it when I try to post to blogger.

Kate S 1/24/2007 10:35:00 AM  

Nice to know I'm not alone. I've noticed happening more often since I switched to the new blogger.

Like Liz, I've taken to saving my comments each time because they get lost and I just already figure every time it will take at least two tries before it accepts it.

tpxkqa... let's see

Melissa Marsh 1/24/2007 11:59:00 AM  

I thought I was crazy, that maybe I was INCAPABLE of typing those little letters. But I'm glad I'm not the only one that blogger hates.

spyscribbler 1/24/2007 02:06:00 PM  

Wow! I'm not alone!!! Thank the dog!

New commenters today! Thanks for stopping by, Cassandra and Melissa!

Avery 1/24/2007 04:50:00 PM  

I always have to do it twice. I don't get it, either. Last year my optometrist told me I had a touch of astigmatism in my right eye. I was blaming that, thinking my evil right eye was tweaking the letters just enough that I couldn't see the letters properly.

Now I just think they're messin' with our heads.

Lorraine Bartlett 1/24/2007 06:45:00 PM  

I find I only have this problem on Blogger. Everything else seems to work for me.

spyscribbler 1/24/2007 08:33:00 PM  

LOLOL, Avery. I pick Door #2. I love conspiracy theories.

Lorraine, me too. I only have that problem on Blogger, now that you mention it.