Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Did you hear? Stephen King & J.J. Abrams

From Writer's Blog:

Lost co-creator J.J. Abrams and horrormeister Stephen King are in talks to bring King's epic Dark Tower book series to either the big or small screen, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Abrams' Bad Robot company has a first-look deal at Paramount for film projects and a deal with Warner Brothers Television for TV projects; the project is not yet set up at either company.

Be still my heart. Stephen King and J.J. Abrams are two of the best contemporary storytellers. Now that pairing would be incredible!

4 bonus scribbles:

Rob Brooks 2/20/2007 01:09:00 PM  

I just read about this yesterday! I can't believe it. I love Stephen King, and I'm a pretty big fan of most of Abrams's stuff. Can't wait! I hope it's a mini-series so we can see the whole thing sooner rather than over a period of ten years.

Brett Battles 2/20/2007 01:11:00 PM  

Yes! Yes! Yes! One of my favorite stories every. But me thinks it would take several movies or perhaps a couple of TV seasons to tell... How about a series of mini-series(s)?

Stewart Sternberg 2/20/2007 07:27:00 PM  

I've never read the series, Stephen King and I feud from time to time. I get a little pissy when he runs on and on without an editor to rein him in. However, while I won't read the books, I would be willing to watch the series, or film, if Abrams is involved.

spyscribbler 2/21/2007 03:34:00 PM  

A series of mini-series! LOL. You know, I'm starting to enjoy TV more than movies. You get to live with the character longer. I wonder if I have something to do with the trend in fiction for series, too.

Stewart, I haven't read that one, either. There's quite a few I haven't read, but I've read the first few pages of every one for lessons on how to make character.