Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Goracle on the Rug

The presidential announcements keep pouring in. Anyone else feel like these are coming in early?

To politicize, or not to politicize. That's the question.

My answer? If Al Gore runs, you'll probably hear me mention him a few times. Feel free to tell me your opposing view in the comments. If he doesn't? I doubt you'll hear me say much. I've been decidedly disgusted with politics lately. I've been so upset that my normal day-to-day research has fallen months behind.

Despite my political views, when it comes to the president, I'm big on character with my choices. If I have an instant dislike to a man, I just might vote for his opponent. (And live to regret it.)

I like Gore. He's smart and he's an idealist--enough of an idealist to be a good leader, and smart enough to not let idealism pull him into radicalism. He wasn't the best speaker or campaigner, but he's spent eight years practicing. He and his wife have everything lined up for a perfect bid on the White House. Their tactical approach over the past seven years is enough to gain my admiration.

And you gotta love a guy that says (bold is mine):

"I'm old enough to know that a red carpet is just a rug, so I've been able to enjoy that part of it without losing perspective."
But today's not about whether he's running for president (or will it be?).

Today's about the Oscars! Today we get to admire all the beautiful people, and watch the year's biggest popularity contest on national television. I love the dresses. You'd be amazed at how consistent I am with exercising the week after the Oscars. Not to mention my week-long addiction to salad. Can you imagine being able to wear those beautiful clothes???

I'm not wondering if Gore will announce his presidency. I'm not wondering whether or not he'll be wearing Ralph Lauren. I'm wondering: Can Angelina top the dress she wore to the Golden Globes this year?

2 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 2/25/2007 08:07:00 PM  

Well, let's hope she comes to the oscars with a smile on her face instead of a bitchy scowl. A smile can make even a dreadful outfit look better...

spyscribbler 2/26/2007 04:24:00 PM  

LOLOL ... I loved that dress! If I had a recital to give, I'd want a knock-off of that dress. I love full skirts like that.

So true about the scowl!