Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Organizational Crisis

Broken by Megan Hart Erotic Fiction, coming May 2007 from Harlequin Spice.

I have no idea who Megan Hart is or what her book is about, but the instant I saw this cover, I wanted to read the book. So I'm passing along the picture. :-)

So just now, I looked at myself and realized I must have a problem. No kidding, no exaggeration here. I have Joseph Finder's Paranoia in one hand (which I put down every few seconds to take a bite of spaghetti), Brett Battle's ARC of The Cleaner in my other hand (which I put down now and then to move the mouse), an awards catalog for the day job in my lap, and my blog reader on the screen.

So that's FIVE things at once. My eyes were actually reading all things at once. Somehow, each of the stories stayed their own story.

It's no wonder I'm having trouble finishing the books I'm reading. No wonder I feel overwhelmed. No wonder I'm staying up until four in the morning installing and organizing all my email and feeds into a new program. (Mozilla Thunderbird: it's wonderful! All my emails accounts, all my blog reads, all in one place! I'm so loving it!)

I'm starting to think that writing at home is not going to work.

Well, anyway, this is my apology for not-so-great posts lately. Anyone ever go through something like this? Any advice?

9 bonus scribbles:

Erik Ivan James 2/07/2007 05:52:00 PM  

I agree with you about the picture, Spyscribbler. It is very powerful recommendation to pick up the book and read the words within.

On your other; I can't work at home at all. I get too distracted or, just can't get in the mood to "work". I've tried working at home several times over the years. Failed every time. Now, I maintain a small, very inexpensive office in a store-front building the little town near where I live. That works best for me, by far.

spyscribbler 2/07/2007 05:59:00 PM  

Isn't it? It's so tender, and she seems a little hesitant and sweetly vulnerable and hurt. The picture speaks volumes of intimacy and trust. If the book is anywhere close to as good as the picture, I want to read it!

Heck, I want the cover and title. I want to write that book!

B.E. Sanderson 2/07/2007 07:46:00 PM  

I thrive on busy, but you've got me beat hands down. Take a long slow bubble bath--light some candles, throw on some soft jazz, drink some nice wine... that kind of bubble bath.

And limit yourself to one thing at a time, or you're going to become a spyscribbler-briquette. We'll come to your blog one day and all we'll find is a crispy little chunk that used to be you.

StarvingWriteNow 2/07/2007 07:52:00 PM  

My advice is: stop thinking so much. You've got your do-it-all meter set way too high.

Edie 2/07/2007 09:08:00 PM  

You win the multi-tasking award. I IM and answer email at the same time, but that's about it. I don't even like music on when I'm writing. Too distracting. I should turn off my email, but I'm addicted.

spyscribbler 2/07/2007 11:24:00 PM  

LOLOL, B.E.! Crispy little chunk. We can't have that.

Starvingwritenow! I resemble that remark! You're so right.

Edie, I think it's actually the ADD award you're talking about. :-) I'm SO with you on the music thing. Music should be listened to, not denigrated to background noise.

Brett Battles 2/08/2007 01:01:00 PM  

Easy...read that CLEANER novel by that Battles guy...

Signed Not Brett Battles

AuthorM 2/08/2007 01:15:00 PM  

Oh, man. Writing at home...hahaha! I have a great office, nice computer, comfy chair...and when I really want to "write" I have to go to a coffeeshop!

Thanks for the mention on your blog. Someone clicked through to my site which is how I found out. :)

I'll be happy to send anyone who's interested a booklet of the first chapter of Broken. Just email me with your mailing address -- or if you want it via email I can send it that way and you can print at your leisure.

The cover is sooooo pretty. I got lucky!

Thanks again!

M

spyscribbler 2/08/2007 04:03:00 PM  

I've done just that, Brett! Er, Mr. Not Brett, I mean. :-)

That sounds cool, Megan! I'll have to take you up on that offer! I just love that cover. I have a pretty cool writing corner, too. It's been privy to a couple hundred words, and that's about it, LOL.