Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

No matter how old you get, no matter if you never get snow days, that excitement when it snows never dies. Remember how thrilling it was when it snowed? And when you'd bounce out of bed in the morning, run to the tv, and watch the closings scroll through?

And then you'd play in the snow until your nose was red and the snot was running down your face? And then you'd get a big mug of hot chocolate with a HUGE spoonful of marshmallow creme on top!

Those were the days.

Today I had a snow day! I didn't know until I canceled work, how much I needed a day off. (Of course I worked at writing all day, then.) I am truly happiest when I'm writing.

To make matters better, my character showed a little more of herself. I am so thrilled with her! But I have to write three more short stories and a novella before I can back to her. What can you do?

I also had time to finish the ARC of The Cleaner, by Brett Battles. It doesn't come out until June, but ... buy it. I daren't say a word about it, because there's something REALLY COOL about it, and if I talk about it, I'm sure to spoil it! But gosh, I really want to tell you how cool something is, and tell you how well done it was!

Every Christmas, I am so excited about the gifts I bought for DH, that I try to get him to open one or two early. I just can't wait for it!

I only mention that because I want you to understand what restraint it's costing me to keep my mouth shut and not gush about what, exactly, I loved about The Cleaner.

Lips Sealed. Please give it a try. :-)

11 bonus scribbles:

Holly Kennedy 2/14/2007 10:46:00 PM  

Wow, it must be good to cause you this must angst holding back from spilling its secrets! I'll buy it and add it to my ever-growing pile that I might get through in two years!!!

Anissa 2/15/2007 12:05:00 AM  

You convinced me. I'm exactly the same about Christmas. Can't wait to see everyone's faces when they open their gifts. I work very hard to find the perfect presents. Such fun! I couldn't care less what I get. So believe me, I can feel your restraint. I'm buying the book.

Glad you had a joyful day of writing. Those are the best!

Edie 2/15/2007 01:14:00 AM  

It snowed by us on Monday and Tuesday, and before that we had freezing cold. Except for going out to eat on Saturday night, I've hadn't gone out of the house in over a week. I ran out of wine and I had ONE CAT TREAT LEFT. (Horrors!) I hadn't bought my husband's valentine card either. So I spent most of the day at the library and shopping. Tomorrow it's back to writing.

BTW, I admire your restraint.:)

Therese 2/15/2007 12:36:00 PM  

Um, no marshmallow creme for me, thanks...

and my "...and then..." was often, "and then, at the bottom of the hill, you fail to stop your sled and end up in the creek."

I do still love how *pretty* snow is...and, masochist that I must be, would go sledding again in a heartbeat!

Does Brett B. know what good press he's getting here? What a great promoter you are!

Brett Battles 2/15/2007 01:10:00 PM  

Not only do I know it, I'm thankful for it!!! Spy...send me an email and tell me what it was you loved...I mean since I've actually read the book... :)

Thank you for the great comments!

JT Ellison 2/15/2007 01:18:00 PM  

Spy, couldn't agree with you more about THE CLEANER. It's brilliant.
Enjoy the snow day!

Bill Cameron 2/15/2007 01:30:00 PM  

Allow me to chime in with my enthusiastic support for The Cleaner! I want more! I want more!

spyscribbler 2/15/2007 02:05:00 PM  

LOL, Holly! I'd say more, but I'll give it away!

Anissa, ME TOO!! I walk around every evening, saying "You know what I got you, don't you?" He always says no, which I suspect is a lie at least half the time. And then I ask him if he wants to open it. I ask again and again and again, until he says, "Do YOU want me to open it?"

At which point I say, "YES!" And after finally sitting down, I say, "But then I won't have anything to give you on Christmas morning."

Poor guy. He puts up with a lot, doesn't he?

spyscribbler 2/15/2007 02:07:00 PM  

Oh Edie! Only one?? I was snowed in, so I didn't get DH a Valentine yet. *pout* But he shoveled himself out and got me flowers and chocolate and a pretty card.

Well, anyway, he had the credit cards. And the keys and the shovel and the ...

I figure a new saw should make up for it?

spyscribbler 2/15/2007 02:10:00 PM  

Therese! You mean, actually IN the creek? That's gotta be cold! Yikes! It does sound like fun, though.

I will, Brett!

Isn't it? JT and Bill? I think everyone who loves John Rain will enjoy The Cleaner. It's definitely my favorite kind of spy thriller!

Bernita 2/16/2007 08:59:00 AM  

What a marvellous existential photo!