Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Some Happy Rambles

Rob left this link in the comments section about Jack Bauer jokes. Hilarious! Starvingwritenow, you'll really be able to torture your family now!

I want to write about something near and dear to my heart: Lucky Charms. Every time I buy a box of Lucky Charms, I SWEAR that I'm going to eat it like a normal person. Fill a bowl, throw in some (rice) milk, and then there will be a perfect proportion of marshmallows to brown stuff.

But then, before I close the box, I always reach in and dig out a few marshmallows. And then just another. Just one more. Here, a couple to take with me to the living room.

After two "regular bowls" of Lucky Charms, I decide to eat a bowl "dry." What really happens is I pour a bowl, pick out all the marshmallows, and throw the rest away. Then I abandon all pretense, and I grab the whole box and start picking through.

Why don't the just sell the marshmallows? By the time I'm halfway through the box, there's no marshmallows left!

Oreos and I have a similar relationship. (Double stuff only, of course.) Usually I never eat a whole oreo. I screw off the top, and then eat one cookie with all the creme. After about five this way, I just eat all the insides and leave the cookie portions uneaten.

Why waste the calories on the cookie, if you really want the creme?

Um, is the most boring post ever? LOL. Okay, fair's fair. Will you post a ramble in the comments? About anything, LOL. What are you up to? What are you writing?

Hey, one of our own, Kate Sterling, has a book out! She's headlining an anthology called Masquerade, and here's what Anne at Kwips and Kritiques said about her story:

Kate Sterling starts off this anthology with Unmasked. Morgan yearns for one more chance with her former lover, Derek. All she has to do according to Aphrodite is find him before midnight and convince him to fulfill her wishes. Instead, she meets Brianna and her husband Marcos. What sinfully delightful fantasies will this threesome uncover?

Unmasked is steaming hot! The attraction sizzling on these pages is guaranteed to singe as Kate Sterling has crafted a very potent tale. The attraction between Morgan, Brianna, and Marcos has sparks flying immediately. The sex scenes with this charming threesome are some of the hottest this reviewer has ever read. More importantly, Kate Sterling adds an emotional depth to the story which makes Unmasked a winner!

5 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 2/22/2007 08:00:00 AM  

In recent years, the percentage of marshmallows to actual cereal has increased exponentially. Don't worry, it'll all be marshmallows someday.

In reference to your previous post, I agree on the scrotum controversy. But I did read that particular passage in the book and the use of scrotum was awkward, considering the overall tone. Supposedly the guy describing the event was a backwoods drunk--would he use "scrotum" to describe a dog's unit? Not likely, IMO.

But just shows you that some people have nothing better to do with their time than look for dirty words in stories. We had a patron complain about a picture book we carry where a donkey is called, instead, a jackass. Well, that's a common enough name, right? So I'm looking through the book, trying to find the "jackass" word, and I come across a rooster described as a "cantankerous cock."

Now really, which would you rather be: a jackass or a cantankerous cock?

Edie 2/22/2007 10:53:00 AM  

Spy, I'll leave it to you to answer Starving Writer's interesting question. *g*

I just wanted to say that when there's a nut mixture, I'll pick out all the cashews. In a bridge mix, I'll pick out the chocolate covered nuts. I hate it when I get a chocolate covered raisin instead. I like raisins, but not when I think I'm getting a nut.

And none of the previous paragraph has anything to do with scrotums.*g*

spyscribbler 2/22/2007 03:39:00 PM  

LOL, starvingwritenow! I teach out of an old book of folk tunes, and several of the titles ... well, parents give me a weird look. Cocks, gay men (happy, that is), and even asses abound. Amazing how much language changes in a few decades.

Edie, I'm the exact opposite, LOL. I hate it when I get a nut and I'm not expecting it. I like nuts, but I need to be prepared and they better not be in my chocolate or my ice cream! Or cake!

Kate S 2/22/2007 07:09:00 PM  

Aw, thank you Spy, for posting my review. That was so sweet!

I'm feeling you with the Lucky Charms! :)

"The Cantankerous Cock" LOL - I feel another erotic short story coming on...

Bernita 2/23/2007 06:41:00 AM  

Put down the cereal box and step away....