Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Do You Play?

Do you play when you write? When you dream?

Jennifer Crusie is collaging all 4 acts of her novel. She has a picture (that looks awesome!) if you click through. Wow! That would be kind of cool, to just look up and see your whole story visually.

More Writing Collages:

Here's another idea: A Motivation Collage. I need one of those!

I have another collage, a "Dream Board," in the basement (I get a happy feeling in my heart every time I look at it; I really treasure it!) ... courtesy of the book, Live Your Dream. (GREAT BOOK!) I should probably do another one; mine needs updating! Here's what Joyce Chapman writes about it:

A Dream Board--a symbolic visual representation of your dream.

Look through magazines and cut out pictures and words that portray your dream. Arrange these on a poster board to create an attractive picture of the you you want to be. Include pictures or photographs of the aspects of your life--your ideal body, family, friends, relationship, home, car, work, accomplishments, finances, leisure activities, vacations--anything and everything that's important to you.

In creating your Dream Board, you are designing your own ad and picturing your own perfect life. Be as creative as you like, but follow one rule: you can only paste in a picture when you are willing to take the action required to make it a reality.

When you finish your Dream Board, display it in a prominent place where it can remind you often and reinforce where you're headed. You have now declared your dream. And when you declare, life supports you, and conditions around you begin moving into place to make your dream a reality.

Did I mention that making a Dream Board is major FUN? It feels like winning the lottery, and you can "buy" anything in the whole world that you want.

I guess it's time to give up TV and do some playing at night.

Do you do any fun things like collaging when planning your story? When setting goals?

And finally, go to Larramie's blog to find out when you can get Free Coffee at Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts!

4 bonus scribbles:

Rhonda Stapleton 3/14/2007 09:52:00 AM  

NEAT!! Thanks for the interesting post!

Rashenbo 3/14/2007 12:09:00 PM  

Yes, it is interesting. I hope your foot doesn't fall off again! :) I like the post and I'm totally gonna have to look into that free coffee! I must have COFFEE...

So, how's that Big N going? I may need to make my own little graph bar... then when I notice how it hasn't moved in a few days I'll be more motivated to get back to it!

spyscribbler 3/14/2007 01:56:00 PM  

I'm glad you liked it, Rhonda!

LOL, rashenbo. My little bar isn't going to move for a few more days, LOL. I can't wait until it does!

Kate S 3/14/2007 05:35:00 PM  

Wow - only putting in a picture when you're ready to do something about it powerful stuff. A little scary, really.