I have a question. I want to ‘dig deep’ in the Big N, but … how deep is too deep? I always worry I’m getting too dark and depressing.
Oh … and another question. Sub-plots? In a novel vs. a novella, I’m thinking the sub-plot will need to be richer and more in depth. And will probably have to be sub-plots instead of sub-plot. Any wisdom on sub-plots?
Any thoughts? Feel free to leave a ten page treatise. *grins* Or just a word of wisdom.
My heart is in the story now. It takes awhile for that to happen, you know? But now I feel my character like I’m her. Boy, it’s going great. I’m in the exhilarating stage of the novel. :-)
- 1. The Cleaner, by Brett Battles: To enter, go to his blog and comment on the best book you’ve read in the last year, with a link to where his other readers can find it. (By the way, I’ve read this book; well-worth a read, that’s for sure!)
- 2. The Mark, by Jason Pinter: To win, comment on his blog the flimsiest reason why you should win the book.
- 3. Kiss Her Goodbye, by Robert Gregory Browne: Just enter your name and email on his blog.
- 4. Fear No Evil, by Allison Brennan: Go to Murder She Writes and comment this week, and you can win an early copy!
- 5. The Perfect Stranger, by Allison Kent: Shiloh Walker is running it on her blog. All you have to do is describe what would be your perfect stranger.
- 6. Seraphim, by Shelby Reed: Just join in the discussion at Shiloh Walker’s blog! Isn’t she generous?
- 7. The Penny Tree, by Holly Kennedy: Enter by March 23rd; details at her blog.
- 8. Stealing the Dragon, by Tim Maleeny: I raved about this book a couple weeks ago; remember the female ninja assassin? Well, you can win the book at David J. Montgomery’s blog. You can also win this book at Author Buzz.
- 9. The Wayward Muse, by Elizabeth Hickey: Just go to the Great American Book Giveaway and enter your email!
- 10. Portrait of an Unknown Woman, by Vanora Bennett: Just go to the Great American Book Giveaway and enter your email!
- 11. The Last Spymaster, by Gayle Lynds: A spy story! You know how I love them! Win this book at Author Buzz, too.
- 12. Count to Ten, by Karen Rose: Also at Author Buzz.
- 13. How about $250 worth of books? Go to Powell’s and scroll down to sign up for a newsletter in order to be entered.