Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Your Influences, Your Favorites

Do you know who, which authors, have influenced your writing? Which authors does your writing most closely resemble?

I wish I knew.

I’ve been studying up a storm, writing up half a storm. I’m entering the busiest four weeks of the year. I’ve got that set-jaw feeling, like I know it’s going to be hell, but it’ll be over so fast and then it’s easy-going for awhile. I feel that panic-attack-y feeling in my chest, though, held at bay only by my determination to be a sane person, LOL.

Anyway, as I said, studying. What is your favorite thriller? Which thriller is plotted so well, you feel like you’re reading Bach?

As you can tell, the theme of this next bit is plot. :-)

2 bonus scribbles:

Edie 4/25/2007 02:31:00 PM  

I like to think I have my own voice--although it would be really nice to answer Jenny Crusie.

I'm not a big thriller reader. Allison Brennan's was the last I read, and she's always great. Talk about plotting--she's a total pantser. LOLOL

spyscribbler 4/25/2007 06:52:00 PM  

LOL, Edie! Wouldn't that be nice? People always point fingers and say, she/he is obviously influenced by ...

I just wonder what people would say about me, LOL. I wondered if people knew for themselves!