Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting Inspired!

I’m really hard at work this week. Teaching going great, and I’m excited about several big things we’ve got going this week and this summer. But I’m working fifteen hour days! AND writing!

So I’m going to send you to Kate Sterling’s blog, where she has a fantastic post on a variety of publishers, including some I didn’t know. (I wish I wrote paranormal, just so I could submit to Juno, who publishes strong, female character-centric books!)

And I’m going to tell you about AuthorMBA classes. I have to tell you ... their blog is every bit as good as JA Konrath’s blog. But their workshops are even better. I’m taking a Career Master Class workshop now, alongside some experienced authors.

Their workshops aren’t like the frilly-types you sometimes see. They have real content, real work--real hard work--and real results. They are very interactive; it’s almost like a bit of personal coaching, because the instructor reads and comments on all your homework.

And finally, I just wanted to say YAY! for Marcus Sakey, the debut author I’ve blogged about twice. Remember when I called him The Hot New Talent? Remember when I said he kicks ass as a writer? (He really, really does.)

I was tickled pink to read in my Publisher’s Lunch that he just got contracted for four more books! That’s after the second one he’s releasing next year!

Doesn’t that rock? So often, we hear that good writing isn’t enough. Well, kick-ass writing, evidently, helps pretty damn well. I’m off to work harder on my craft. Isn’t it inspiring?

3 bonus scribbles:

Kate S 5/17/2007 12:41:00 PM  

Thanks for all the links (including mine :)) - I'll be sure to check them out when I get home. (Currently slacking during lunch at work.) :)

spyscribbler 5/17/2007 05:38:00 PM  

Sure thing, Wendy and Kate!