Saturday, May 19, 2007

Nightmares

Do you have nightmares, often?

Ugh, I just had a doozy. My dearest decided we should check out Whiskey Creek (no, I don’t know where that is, LOL) so we were on a boat in this creek just teeming with alligators. (Or crocodiles. What’s the difference, again?)

So manage to crawl up to the bleachers as our boat sinks. (As you know, every creek has bleachers.) Dearest is standing in his boat, and a crocodile comes up out of the water and attacks him.

And then he’s rolling in the water, running around, trying to get this awful crocodile off of him. I keep throwing oars and chairs (because every creek has bleachers with folding chairs) but none of what I throw scares off the crocodile and reaches him.

Then I wake up to an empty house. The sweetie went to get us bacon for breakfast, I’m sure.

But there’s no nightmare worse than one about your family, is there? I bet you mothers and fathers out there have had some doozies about your kids. When’s the last nightmare you had? What was it? How’d you shake that feeling?

And was that a lunar eclipse I saw last night? So cool.

4 bonus scribbles:

Aimless Writer 5/19/2007 08:38:00 AM  

Ewwww, I hate dreams like that! Good news is that if you tell a dream it doesn't come true so I think you're safe from the alligators (I fear those things!) and bleachers with chairs.
Sweeter dreams tonight!
Jeannie

Jeremy James 5/19/2007 11:03:00 AM  

Interesting. I have a recurring nightmare involving water and bleachers. But in mine, there are no crocs. And the bleachers are somehow angled up and over the bank of a raging river so that they are suspended above a massive whirlpool. In my dream I have to go ashore and walk up them (with an unknown girl), and since they are dilapidated, we fall into the whirlpool and I wake up. I wonder if there's some sort of Jungian Collective Unconscious thing going on with bleachers and water dreams for writers?

Rob Brooks 5/19/2007 09:47:00 PM  

I've got two boys, and I don't think I've ever had a nightmare involving either one. Notwhile I've slept anyway. I do think about all the terrible things that coudl happen, all the "nightmare" scenarios.

My actual nightmares aren't what anyone would really consider scary. They tend to be really tense and stressful, like I'm late for something, or I'm in a car and claustrophobic. Something along those lines. No monsters, no falling, and definitely no water, bleachers, or crocs.

Kate S 5/20/2007 03:15:00 PM  

Ugh. I had a similar dream once where I was trying to keep an alligator away from my daughter.

It always helps me to shake the feelings by analyzing what the dream could mean.