Thursday, May 31, 2007

Once in a Blue Moon ...

//static.flickr.com/248/524001182_ac981d3d09_mTonight’s a blue moon. I had no idea the phrase "once in a blue moon" came from somewhere. Or, I should say, I never considered where it came from. You can read all about blue moons here.

Dramoor’s Garden says:

On the night of a Blue Moon, the magical energy is powerful and enduring. Spells cast during a Blue Moon are said to hold until the next one.

So if you wish on a star tonight, wish for something good! What would you wish for? If the rules were that it had to be something special for you and just for you, what would you wish for?

6 bonus scribbles:

Joan Swan 5/31/2007 10:58:00 PM  

Sigh...one wish for myself?

A dual three book deal (like Allison's latest) with St. Martin's.

Forget youth, forget weight, I've got a great husband, great kids, health.

I would wish for a book deal.

What would you wish for, Spy? You didn't say.

spyscribbler 5/31/2007 11:16:00 PM  

Do we have to pick just one? Allison's is definitely a dream deal! Or Marcus Sakey's, with five books lined up right now!

If I get more than one wish, I'll take perfect weight and perfect health, too!

Bernita 6/01/2007 08:04:00 AM  

Yes, a book deal would be nice.
Moons are for howling at.

Joan Swan 6/01/2007 04:12:00 PM  

Bernita, That reminds me of a scene in The Starter Wife premier last night -- did anyone see that? I liked it. I like the empowering statement of it. I can already envision Molly's character arc and am looking forward to watching it develop. Hmmm, maybe I'll blog about that tomorrow.

spyscribbler 6/01/2007 09:22:00 PM  

Oh, I really want to see that, Joan! I'm glad you felt it lived up to its hype. (I hope you do blog about that tomorrow!)

Stewart Sternberg 6/02/2007 11:33:00 PM  

Post and picture made me contemplative. Do you believe in magic? Crowley defined magick as the imposition of one's will on nature. Interesting, that. But do you believe in tapping something metaphysical and somehow bending it or drawing from it to bring about a benefit or wrong? It's amazing how many people I know who would answer to the affirmative, or answer to the negative, but with a tone of uncertainty.