Monday, May 07, 2007

The Proportions of Caring

I loved every single one of the comments to my last post. I probably won’t add to the conversation until tomorrow, but I bet I’ll blog on that theme again this week. It’s been on my mind, lately.

It’s high-pressure week, and the parents and kids need. Some need support, some need a kick, some need encouragement, some need miracles, but ... it’s like need, need, need.

So all today, I managed to be rock, to give everything they needed that I could.

But at the end of the day, I couldn’t even manage ... get this ... to find a pot in the dishwasher rather than the cupboard. It was too much. Too overwhelming. Too hard! I burst into tears.

Do you have that proportion to giving? The more I give, the less able I am to take care of myself.

Or maybe I’m just a wimp, LOL.

8 bonus scribbles:

Rhonda Stapleton 5/08/2007 08:16:00 AM  

((hugs)) isn't that how it is in the life of women sometimes? I totally have a giving proportion...sometimes, I cross over and give to much, then have nothing left for myself. NOT GOOD.

Go take care of yourself and do what's important to you...like WRITING! :D

avery 5/08/2007 09:40:00 AM  

Caring for others can be one of the most draining things one can do, I think. Take some time for yourself today, and feel better.

StarvingWriteNow 5/08/2007 11:55:00 AM  

Yes, yes, you're a wimp. Now get back to work!
(insert whip cracking sound here)

Kate S 5/09/2007 10:57:00 AM  

Aww... I know the feeling. {hugs}

Hey, for a "feel good" break, check out Nora the piano playing kitty. I thought of you when I saw her.

Anissa 5/09/2007 11:05:00 AM  

You're not alone. Make sure to give yourself some time to rejuvinate. I hope you're feeling better. :)

Henri de Montmorency 5/10/2007 03:51:00 PM  

I am enjoying your blog. I do not have time either. I have a new book that I am trying to sell, but don't know if I am doing it right. However, I am enjoying this blogging thing.

Bonjour,

Henri de Montmorency
Ghostest with the Mostest

spyscribbler 5/10/2007 06:17:00 PM  

Kate, that was HILARIOUS! And so, so, so cute! I have to teach my cats how to do that.

spyscribbler 5/10/2007 06:53:00 PM  

Thanks, Rhonda and Avery! I am writing. Some.

LOL, Starvingwritenow. I did some work this week ... Polished four chapters and wrote 3,000 words.

Thanks, Anissa. End of May, rejuvenation calls!

Henri, I love your little picture thing! Good luck with the new book. I like the ghost spin! The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost sounds fascinating! Actually, I think I read the excerpt a few months ago, before it was published.

Cute website!