Thursday, May 03, 2007

TV Series: Waiting for Renewals

//static.flickr.com/227/483365681_df90c54ec7_mI finally caught up with the last two episodes of 24. I love them! Every character seems to be developed at this point, and I’m not having any laughing moments. The middle of this season got a little preposterous for me at moments, but either my disbelief has been suspended, or things are going well.

I’m dying to know what’s going to happen with Jack Bauer. How in the world is he going to get out of this mess? And please tell me President Palmer wakes up, gets well, and pardons Jack. What do you think will happen?

Did you see Chloe in People’s Most Beautiful People magazine? WOW! I had no idea she was gorgeous. None at all. Despite her appearance on 24, she is drop-dead gorgeous. I was absolutely heartbroken when what’s-his-name told her they were through.

Now that I’m hooked, I’ve added 24 to my annual list of "Oh no, please don’t cancel my favorite shows!"

They’ve already canceled Six Degrees, which I’m upset about. That was a fantastic show with fantastic actors. How could they???

Here’s a list of supposed certain cancellations, although I’m dubious because they list Gilmore Girls, and I’m pretty sure that’s still a maybe-but-probably-not. I’m torn about whether I even want it to continue. I’m pretty sure I do. But without Rory? Supposedly she’s still on the fence. I hope she hops right back into a new season!

Here’s a list of those that are supposedly safe from cancellation. Brothers & Sisters and Men in Trees are official renewals! Yay!!!

24, Shark, and The Unit are supposedly shoo-ins. Yay!

//static.flickr.com/200/483364043_7921f54dc4_mNCIS has a "pretty good chance." I love that show, although I think they’ve stopped using Officer David to her full potential. I love her character, and I’m crazy about Abby!

I cried during the last Star Trek: Voyager episode and the last Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode. (Is that insane?) I loved that series! I know I’ve been bummed about other cancellations, but I can’t recall at the moment.

I would’ve been bummed about Charmed, but the kinda-ending-just-in-case-it’s-cancelled in the next-to-last season screwed everything up. I hated that kinda-ending, and I hated the mess it created even more. That whole mess ruined the last season for me, unfortunately. I was never a big fan of Rose McG ...

Alias wrapped up so well, in a nice, neat arc, that I wasn’t too bummed. Especially since I bought the whole series to watch over and over and over ...

So which shows are you worried about? What shows have you been bummed to see go?

7 bonus scribbles:

Brett Battles 5/04/2007 12:15:00 PM  

I actually saw Chloe at the local mall last week. She is pretty darn cute in person. (And, no, I didn't go up and talk to her.)

Anissa 5/04/2007 01:21:00 PM  

They just announced yesterday that the Gilmore Girls will end on May 15. Two more episodes. :(

I'll miss the witty banter. Their dialogue is inspiring. Time for more DVDs.

I worry about Veronica Mars. This season hasn't been nearly as strong as the last two. We'll see. I try not to get too attached.

avery 5/04/2007 03:39:00 PM  

I'm shocked! There's not one series in the list that I watch. Usually, it's the total opposite. I did try to watch Drive, but it was clear after the first episode it wouldn't last long.

As long as Lost, House, Bones and The Closer keep going, I'll be happy. Oh, and if they actually do bring back It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the summer.

spyscribbler 5/04/2007 09:22:00 PM  

Wow, Brett, that's cool! To live in California ... you've got the ocean and the stars!

Aw, Anissa, really? That's a bummer! They did banter awesome. I just loved Lorelai. And Luke. And Rory. Oh gosh, and Lane. Everyone!!! You're right, time to buy the DVDs!

I hear good things about all of those, Avery, but I don't watch any of them. I tried to jump in on Lost in the second season, but you gotta start with season one, with that show. I liked the Closer, but the squinting did me in before I got hooked. It irrationally irritated me, LOL.

I hear good things about all four, though. I definitely should give them a try. I can watch them over the summer, maybe!

Erik Ivan James 5/06/2007 11:00:00 AM  

~laughing~
I'm not worried about any of them. Never watched them, not one of them.

spyscribbler 5/06/2007 02:02:00 PM  

LOL, Erik.

Ah well. I'm more addicted than I thought ...

writtenwyrdd 5/09/2007 01:43:00 PM  

Four shows that should not have ended are 1) Firefly, 2) Dead Like Me, 3) Witchblade, and 4) Cupid. Witchblade & Dead Like Me made it to a second season, but the other two didn't even get that far.