I love my DH dearly, but we have a few ... cultural ... discrepancies:
The "Southern Man" is under the impression, LOL, that:
- Ladies don’t snore. (Not to say that I snore. ((Shush, starvingwritenow!)) I don’t snore, not me. Especially not after a few drinks!)
- Ladies drink in tiny little sips. (Tiny little sips?? Are you kidding me? I’m thirsty!)
- Ladies never have to burp.
- Ladies never have to fart.
This "Yankee Girl" is under the impression that:
- Men shouldn’t take their shirts off outside, even in the yard, if they’re ... belly-challenged. (Not to say he’s belly-challenged. Nope, not saying that, either.)
- Men shouldn’t burp in public.
- Men should carry everything.
- Men, in particular my dearest, should grant my every wish.
Sorry for no posts, this week! I probably won’t be blogging much on Friday and Saturday, but I’ll be popping by your blogs. It’s my favorite thing to do, especially when stressed!
Oh, and maybe it’s because I’ve been reading about Kate Hepburn lately, but I can’t wait to take up our discussion on female heroines. Maybe I can squeeze it in tonight or tomorrow.
And, Robert Gregory Browne has a contest up. The first person to enter wins. Good luck! Oh heck, maybe I’ll get DH to take my picture, if I can wrestle the book back from him (he stole it, has been reading it for like a week now). I just went red with my hair. I’ve always loved being a red-head.