Friday, June 15, 2007

Being Naughty ... and Tinkling

I used an exclamation mark yesterday! Aside from punctuating dialogue once in awhile, I have never used an exclamation point in my prose (my blog, yes ... but that doesn’t count). I know what a terrible thing that is to do, but it had to be an exclamation point, this time.

I feel so naughty. :-)

***

Remember that little poem we all learned when we were little?

If you sprinkle
while you tinkle,
please be neat
and wipe the seat.

Our society seems to be having trouble with that basic courtesy, lately. Maybe I should petition my Senator to make having that poem on the back of stall doors a new state law. It’s driving me crazy! It’s icky! I wish people would just wipe the seat, already!

So what’s your pet peeve of the day?

6 bonus scribbles:

The Dark Scribe 6/15/2007 12:06:00 PM  

I heard a different variation of the poem:

If you sprinkle
when you tinkle,
Be a sweetie,
Wipe the seatie :)

My pet peeve of the day is also bathroom related. People need to learn how to wash their hands. Why wouldn't you want to clean yourself? Ugh and yuck!

Anissa 6/15/2007 01:24:00 PM  

My pet peeve of the day is actually pet related. People need to quit letting their dogs crap on my lawn! Grrr...

When my pup was still with us, I wouldn't even let him walk on other people's lawns...let alone dump. He was 140lbs. of pooch and could leave a mean pile!

FunkyMunky 6/16/2007 10:12:00 AM  

My gripe is that I can't stand rude people! Nobody seems to have basic manners anymore and it drives me mad!

Common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past, especially when it comes to (non existant)customer service from companies.

It's sad, but I think in general, people have stopped caring about one another!

The Dark Scribe 6/16/2007 04:23:00 PM  

I agree, funky...if you want a sample, check out my latest entry about why it sucks working in retail. Common courtesy has completely evaporated.

dark-scribe.blogspot.com

alternatefish 6/16/2007 08:38:00 PM  

My pet peeve is when people use exclamation points unnecessarily. :)

Kidding. Sort of.

My actual pet peeve of the moment is when people assume that what is mine is theirs just because we happen to be friends. Yes, I like you. No, you can't borrow that, and if you do it without asking I might just eat your head.

Grrrrrrrr.....

Aimless Writer 6/16/2007 09:59:00 PM  

Cigarettes are my peeve. I hate when people flick there butts all over or flip them out of cars,
or empty ashtrays in the parklinglot, Or when people stand outside entrances and smoke. I have asthma and unless I want to stop breathing permanently I have to hold my breath.
:)
Good peeves!