Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How's the Writing?

Well, I’m on vacation this week. That means I’m all day at Borders, writing (working!). Who works on their vacation??

That means I owe y’all an apology. By the time I get home, I try to do the blogging thing, but then I get sleepy. So, I’m sorry, but this week I’m going to be Little Miss Flaky. I promise to be back to normal next week!

Did y’all hear that Stephen King is publishing a novella in July’s Esquire? I have the feeling everyone but me heard, but I thought I’d pass it on, just in case.

Today’s writing day wasn’t so productive. My computer took 23 minutes to boot up. No kidding. It was horrible--the past few days, it takes the screen a minute to make each word I type show up. So I did a disk clean up, which took an hour, a defrag, which took at least four hours, and an error check, which took another three or so hours. I’m off by a little: I sat down at 11:00, and the computer didn’t finish its cleaning until 8:30 or so.

Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum Novels)I was real broken up about it, too, especially seeing as how Janet Evanovich’s new book is out, Lean Mean Thirteen.

Ohmigod ... Ranger. And Lula with Tank! And I laughed so hard, you wouldn’t believe. I did that "bark of laughter" thing at least four times, when the whole cafe stopped talking and turned to look at me.

Good book. Definitely worth a drop-everything-and-run-to-the-store.

I guess it was more of a vacation day than I thought. Let’s hope your writing is going better than mine, today! Speaking of which ... how is your writing going?

11 bonus scribbles:

Liz Wolfe 6/19/2007 11:52:00 PM  

Lula with Tank! I love it. And I'm a Morelli girl so I guess we can still be friends. I remember reading Hot Six. I had to stop reading it on the train cause everyone kept staring at me when I'd laugh aloud and that happened a lot.
Oh....the writing, yeah, well, I'm plotting. Evidently this particular plot is the slow and painful kind. Tempting me to just freaking write without a plot. *gasp* Did I say that aloud?

Bernita 6/20/2007 06:31:00 AM  

The word "slowly" comes to mind...

Karen Olson 6/20/2007 09:29:00 AM  

Please don't remind me that the new Plum book is out.

Check out how my writing's going over at First Offenders today...slowly, ever so slowly but I feel like I'm finally on track again.

Lori G. Armstrong,  6/20/2007 09:58:00 AM  

Crappy. Thanks for asking.

I'm not allowing myself to read for pleasure until I get the POS WIP done.

Rhonda Stapleton 6/20/2007 12:20:00 PM  

Actually, I hadn't heard that about Stephen King...thanks for the info!!!

((hugs)) keep at it, lady...you'll get this novel done if it kills you! LOL

ps - you're tagged! check out my blog for details: http://rhondastapleton.authorsabode.com

StarvingWriteNow 6/20/2007 02:09:00 PM  

Go read my blog for today if you want to know about my writing...

Aimless Writer 6/20/2007 09:43:00 PM  

Dump your cookies! Run windoctor!
I met Janet Evanovitch last night at a book signing! Nice lady!
I picked up the Esquire too but haven't read it yet.
OOOoo! Am I using too many !!!
I really don't see what the outcry against !!! is all about! I like them!
A day off? Whats that?
Jeannie!

Anissa 6/20/2007 10:25:00 PM  

Revisions are coming along. That's all I do...revise, revise, revise. :)

And I picked up Lean Mean Thirteen at Target today. I'm itching to start it, but know that once I do I'm a goner.

Here's hoping your computer cooperated today. ;)

LOL! My Word Verification is: dynmso (what's that? A cross between dynamo and so-so?)

Candy Minx 6/21/2007 12:12:00 AM  

I can't wait to read this Evanovitch what fun and you have surely tereased us all!!!

Okay hope you survive your week...I'll come back and check on ya later...my Thursday Thirteen is miracuously short this week...

spyscribbler 6/25/2007 12:34:00 PM  

Liz, I'm highly tempted to write without a plot, too! Btw, I had no idea that Morelli girls existed!

Bernita, I've never written so slowly in my whole life. I sure know the feeling!

Aww, Karen. I'm so glad it's getting back on track, though!

LOL Lori, piles of shit tend to be crappy. (My, I think I'm clever. Isn't that a knee slapper? *insert eye roll at myself*)

spyscribbler 6/25/2007 12:37:00 PM  

Hey, Rhonda! I'm a little behind on my tags, but I'll get there! I will get this damn novel done if it kills me, I swear.

Starving, stop guilting yourself and remember why you enjoy it!

Lucky you, Jeannie! That is so cool!

LOL, Anissa. You revise, revise, revise, and I bang, bang, bang my head against a wall with the POS. :-)

Thanks, Candy. They say short is sweet!