Tuesday, July 24, 2007

About that Harry Potter

Okay, so who’s finished it? I’m dying to talk about it, but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone! Who is still finishing it, and doesn’t want me to say anything about it?

I’ll only say that I couldn’t put it down, I finished it in a day, but I was vaguely disappointed. Whether that disappointment stems from the way the series ended, or that the series ended, remains to be seen. I suppose I’ll have to read it again.

It’s a hard life, isn’t it?

5 bonus scribbles:

avery 7/24/2007 03:12:00 PM  

There were some dragging moments near the end where seven books' worth of loose ends were tied up.

My main discontent rests with the epilogue. It was weak and just didn't fit. It was an epilogue written for children, which this series really hasn't been geared toward since book three.

Karen Olson 7/24/2007 03:28:00 PM  

I finished it Sunday night and found it very satisfying. I did like the epilogue, although I wished there was more information about everyone, not just watching the kids get on the Hogwarts Express.

I really feel the whole series came full circle. All questions were answered. Some died, but that was expected. I didn't find it dragging at all at any time.

StarvingWriteNow 7/24/2007 03:31:00 PM  

I'm still hmmm-ing about it. I think I'm going to do a Thursday 13 about what I liked/disliked.

Susan Helene Gottfried 7/24/2007 04:23:00 PM  

Go over to Dewey's place -- she's set up a whole separate blog for discussing the book.

deweymonster.com

See ya there!

Edie 7/25/2007 05:42:00 PM  

I haven't read it, so thanks for not putting in any spoilers. I saw the latest Harry Potter movie and wouldn't recommend it. It was okay, but I was wishing we would've seen Hair Spray. *g*