Monday, July 09, 2007

How to Create a Website for Free

Website up, albeit jury-rigged. My blogroll is NOT done, not even up yet. I’m sorry for the temporary dis-linkage. I’ll finish that when I get back from National.

Okay, see how I’m featuring commenter’s books in the middle column? Well, not done yet. If you’re not there, let me know! I’m sorry for that, too! I’ll finish that when I get back.

I’m glad you can’t see my house. I’ll finish cleaning when I get back.

Oh, and the laundry, the emails, the mail, the bills, the phone calls, the appointment-making, the thank-you cards, the contest winner from last Thursday, the contest judging ...

When I get back.

Oh ... and do y’all see how clever I am? A whole website, hosted for free, all on Blogger. What do you think? I did pay $5 for the www.spyscribbler.com domain. It just redirects. Bad? Good?

See any mistakes? Please let me know! Anyone know how to get rid of that stupid off-white strip above my header picture? And I’ll fix the un/ordered lists, too.

When I get back, LOL. I am SOOOOO late! I have to leave in five hours, and I still have laundry and packing to do!

8 bonus scribbles:

Liz Wolfe 7/10/2007 01:37:00 AM  

Oh, wow! Nice site. I'm humbled that you included my first book in your Commenters' Books.
Go have a ton of fun at National. And if you see you-know-who, buy her a glass of champagne and then tell me all about it.

Bernita 7/10/2007 06:34:00 AM  

Anf you have been named A Wench.

Karen Olson 7/10/2007 10:58:00 AM  

Totally love the new look!

Have fun at the conference; we'll see you when you get back :)

Zoe Winters 7/10/2007 06:02:00 PM  

So how did you make this site? Is it only available through blogger? I'm looking into building a site, and got a really good quote for professional design, but I'm not sure if I should go that route yet. They're REALLY good though, I would hate to think I would wait too long and then they'd be so bogged down with clients I'd be on a waiting list, or the prices would hitch way up.

Anissa 7/10/2007 08:22:00 PM  

Looks great! Have a blast at Nationals!

It'll all still be waiting for you when you get back. ;)

StarvingWriteNow 7/10/2007 08:55:00 PM  

Very nice, girl! Now you'll have to show me how to do it!

EA Monroe 7/11/2007 03:07:00 PM  

Excellent, Natasha. I've often dropped in to visit and enjoy your posts. It's about time I left a comment to let you know. I love the colors!

Therese 7/11/2007 07:18:00 PM  

Zowie! Now I can call you Natasha in public!

This new design is tres cool.

Have a great time at RWA!!