Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New Trend at the RWA Conference

Okay, I want to start a new trend. Will you--and tell everyone you know--put your photo on your business card?!! I thought for sure I’d remember people, but ... I’ve forgotten a few.

If I had a picture to put with the name, I would never forget them!

Tell everyone you know: if you’re going to a conference, put a photo on your business card.

I got a bunch of books autographed to DH (he loves the intrigue, cowboy, and rancher books), but of course they’re still on their way. I can’t wait until I can ship them to him.

I got to meet SO many people from online! I was a little disappointed that there were a few I didn’t meet, and I was also disappointed I never got to the bar! How do people have time for the bar? I don’t understand how to fit it in.

I did have time on Friday night after dinner. I went upstairs and one of my roommates and I decided to go down. Problem was, two hours later we were still chatting, and I was changing into my jammies, LOL.

There has to be some method. Do you skip everything in the morning? Skip the evening stuff? When is there time for the bar?! Do you not sleep?

Next year, I will have to investigate beforehand.

On another note, number of dinners I’ve burned since DH left: 4

And I’ve only been home for two and a half days.

5 bonus scribbles:

Liz Wolfe 7/18/2007 01:32:00 PM  

I know what you mean. At RT I tried to write little notes on the backs of cards to remind me who people were, but pictures would be great!
As for finding time for the bar, you either start out and stay there or you give up sleep.
I snickering at you burning 4 dinners in two and a half days. Do you burn that many when he's home?

spyscribbler 7/18/2007 01:57:00 PM  

Well, if he leaves me to my own devices, yes. But usually he's puttering around and working, and he'll yell out, "Did you check dinner?" every few minutes.

Otherwise, I completely forget I'm cooking.

Kate S 7/18/2007 03:34:00 PM  

Ok, Spy, I'm at work and just laughed out loud at the 4 dinners in two days. :)

I wish I had been able to go the conference, but just wasn't in the cards this year. Glad you had a good trip.

Erica Orloff 7/18/2007 06:38:00 PM  

Love your site re-design!!!!!!!!!
E

Edie 7/19/2007 08:12:00 AM  

Natasha, I so enjoyed meeting you. It's so cool to put a face--and a name!--to your blog.

I hung around the bar a lot, and I'm not a big drinker. Most of the time I nursed a bottle of water, lol. I ordered the CDs, so I can listen to most of the workshops at my leisure.