Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

//static.flickr.com/1289/1254308583_3293edd874I just went to see The Bourne Ultimatum.

The. Coolest. Movie. Ever.

It’s action scenes are so awesome, I laughed with delight.

With delight, not the sort of laughing one does when watching 24.

I had a blast. Spirits are definitely lifted.

That’s what I love about the movies.

So, tell me. Which do you like better? The book or the movie?

Here is a laugh, if you need one: Poet vagues up poem.

8 bonus scribbles:

spyscribbler 8/28/2007 01:05:00 AM  

Its, I mean, not It's.

(Sorry, Karen! *grins*)

Michelle,  8/28/2007 09:50:00 AM  

No fair, the movies are nothing like the books. The only element they've retained are the names Jason Bourne and Treadstone and plot element that he's a former CIA agent abandoned and left to twist in the wind. I loved the books, and I have loved the first two movies, but only after I got over how different they were from my beloved triology :) . I think they've done an awesome job in the movies, but they have really only given the slightest nod to the original tale.

Anissa 8/28/2007 12:53:00 PM  

I've never read the books, but I do love watching Matt Damon kick booty. :)

Liz Wolfe 8/28/2007 01:05:00 PM  

I tried to read one of the books, but I just didn't like the voice. Or maybe it was the wrong time for that particular book. Love the movies. I'm always willing to overlook the myriad weaknesses of this kind of movie. No idea why. Maybe I should give the books another shot, though.
I'm the same way about Grisham novels. Love all the movies, but have a really hard time getting through the books. They seem dry to me. Go figure.

spyscribbler 8/28/2007 09:31:00 PM  

Yeah, Anissa. I did take some time to stare at that picture after I posted it. :-) Who knew Matt Damon would grow up to that?

I hear you, Liz! There's lots of movies I prefer over the books, unfortunately. Chocolat, definitely. And I haven't gotten into the Bourne Trilogy yet, but I haven't tried.

Michelle, I really want to read the Trilogy. Is the emotional arc of the character similar?

Loreth Anne White 8/28/2007 11:09:00 PM  

Oooo -- now I just HAVE to see this movie!!!

Michelle,  8/30/2007 05:40:00 PM  

Natasha, the books are so much better in one sense because Marie kicks so much ass, and she's in all of them. In the first she helps to redeem Jason. Show him he isn't a killer by the way he treats her and others around him.
And then, as a world class economist for the Canadian govt (a French speaking Canadian) she transfers Treadstone's funds into a private account for her and Jason as compensation for what they've put him through. The other two books are great (although Jennifer Estep disagrees with me on that score, LOL) but he's been brought in from the cold from book 2, living the quiet life as a college prof, married to Marie, and they are dragged down again by his past. Great stuff! As I say, different to the movies, you have to put them in separate compartments.

spyscribbler 9/01/2007 12:17:00 PM  

Oh, Loreth, the movie is fantastic! The fight scenes are amazing--kind of like the Western version of Crouching Tiger, except it looks real. It takes your breath away, and I'm not one to watch or care about fight scenes.

Oh, Michelle! Marie is my favorite! He referred to that motivation in the movie, but we didn't see that motivation, you know?

I really do have them on my mental list to read. It's SUCH a long list!