Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cat Sick.

Ugh. Everything’s going to be okay, I guess.

First comes the horror that one’s baby is sick. Then comes the rush to the emergency room, in tears, sick to stomach with worry.

Briefly, they come tell you that with this, that, and all that, he’ll be fine.

Relief.

And then comes the estimate, at which point you get sick to your stomach again.

Sigh.

I have to pick up the baby in the morning, take him to another vet for watching during the day, at which point I’m sure they’ll charge me another arm and a leg.

Olive Garden had a sign outside their restaraunt. Not only do they offer insurances galore to even part time workers, but they offer pet insurance. Can you imagine that? Pet insurance!

I wanna go work at Olive Garden. And I can’t wait until my baby is home again. Why didn’t someone tell me not to feed a male cat fish-based food???? Damnit. I woulda listened.

8 bonus scribbles:

Anissa 8/21/2007 12:51:00 AM  

Sorry to hear about your baby. Glad he's going to be okay though. And I hear you on vet bills. Yikes!

Give him some extra snuggles when he gets home. :)

StarvingWriteNow 8/21/2007 07:24:00 AM  

So what's up? FUS? Stones?

Have faith; things will look up soon.

avery 8/21/2007 09:08:00 AM  

I know what you mean by the stomach twisting on all counts. It's rough. But, I'm glad your boy is doing better.

What's up with the fish-based food? I haven't heard anything about it.

spyscribbler 8/21/2007 10:13:00 AM  

Stones, they think. Boy, they really know how to punch you in the gut with the bills though, don't they? Just when you're getting your footing!

Looks like the pseudonym is going on one hell of a writing spree, LOL.

Nicole Kelly 8/21/2007 05:41:00 PM  

I have pet insurance through a private company. Here's link to their site:

http://www.quickcarepetinsurance.com/

Kate S 8/21/2007 07:39:00 PM  

So sorry about your baby!

Olive Garden has pet insurance?! Wow.

Never heard that fish based food was bad for male cats. Of course, my male cat was probably too busy eating pizza and donuts to notice any fish around.

Hope all will be well and the bills won't be too bad. But hey - now you've got some motivation to write more. ;)

spyscribbler 8/21/2007 10:34:00 PM  

Nicole, looks like I'm going to check that out. And soon.

Kate, the vet last night said it was the fish food. The vet this morning said it was genetics, more prevalent in male cats. So who knows.

Awful expensive (and painful for the cat!) to find out.

The price of last night was bad enough, and then when I transferred him to my vet this morning? It was like being sucker punched in the stomach. *sigh* What can you do?

I miss my baby!

Edie 8/21/2007 11:44:00 PM  

Spy, sorry about your baby. Hope he's better soon. I never heard that about male cats and fish-based food either.