Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Coffee Update

We’re on Day 4 of no sleep. I did enjoy my coffee yesterday, and it helped me stay awake!

I think I’m done with it for awhile. I believe in the addiction gene, because I have the anti-addiction gene. (Don’t believe me, but it’s true! I have trouble getting addicted to anything!) I just peed too much, LOL, and my breath smelled!

I did enjoy the buzz, though!

So.

Five hours of sleep in four days. This post is the best I can do.

Lame, huh?

Do you ever have insomnia? How do you fix it?

5 bonus scribbles:

Liz Wolfe 8/01/2007 10:08:00 PM  

I rarely have insomnia that is unexplained. But you might try taking two benadryl. It's an antihistamine and if you haven't had it in a while, it makes you really, really drowsy. If I'm just having trouble going to sleep, I do some self hypnosis. Just the relaxation process is usually enough to let me doze off.
Five hours in 4 days is NOT enough sleep. Try to get some.

Edie 8/01/2007 11:39:00 PM  

I just read Liz's comment, which reminds me that I'm taking the online self-hypnosis class that starts in a couple days. I can use that when I have trouble sleeping.

I hope you're sleeping now, Spy. I get between 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night, and I wish I could sleep more. It's not the alarm clock that wakes me up, it's my body. :(

spyscribbler 8/02/2007 09:03:00 AM  

You know, I do have one of those guided visualization thingamabobs on my palm pilot. Of course, this is the week for everything to go wrong; my cat chewed through my headphones, and the sound is only through headphones.

*sigh*

5 - 6 hours seems like very little sleep! How do you manage to do that? I could use those extra hours! Do you make up for it on the weekends?

avery 8/02/2007 10:39:00 AM  

Wow! How are you even functioning at this point? Five hours in one night makes me stupid. I can't imagine just an hour.

I don't really get insomnia. I can pretty much sleep anytime, anywhere.

Edie 8/06/2007 09:03:00 AM  

Natasha, I take naps, usually one a day, but sometimes two or three. Only for ten or fifteen minutes. I'd rather sleep longer, but that's not the way my body works. :(