Monday, August 20, 2007

Details and Distractability

I can be a detail person, but then I don’t get anything important done. I can be an idea person, but then the details lag behind.

All of which make me miss DH like crazy.

See, things take me longer. Whereas doing all the invoicing for our business would take DH thirty minutes, tops, it takes me two hours. Mostly because I get up to use the restroom, notice a plate in the bedroom, take it downstairs to the kitchen, then notice the dishwasher needs emptied, and I start to fill up the dishwasher, but remember there’s a plate in the office, so I go back upstairs to get the plate, but then realize I’m trying to do the invoicing, so I get back to that.

Until I’m distracted again.

Which is why I kick myself out of the house and to Borders to write.

And, seeing as how not ten minutes ago I had my keys, purse, laptop, and workout bag in hand, I have no idea how I’ve ended up in my computer chair again, writing a blog post.

*sigh*

God, life is so much easier when DH is home. I’m glad the 13 hour days are over, but I miss them. I don’t miss DH so much when I’m working 13 hour days.

Speaking of getting out of the house, here I go.

Into the rain. And I gotta remember to cover the lawn mower, on my way. Better find the umbrella. And I should change these shoes, or else I’ll be in wet socks all day ...

4 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 8/20/2007 01:39:00 PM  

Gosh, you sound just like me! Isn't distraction a blast?

Today I just have a cold, which makes distraction even MORE fun...

Kate S 8/20/2007 03:55:00 PM  

LOL, Spy. I can sympathize completely. Good luck getting out. Of course, once you make it to Borders (provided you haven't stopped elsewhere along the way) there's still all that shopping to contend with. :)

avery 8/20/2007 05:06:00 PM  

I'm exactly the same way. So, at least be happy that you have other obsessive, distracted types whittling away good working hours on nonsensical minutia.

Bernita 8/21/2007 07:42:00 AM  

Um, you feel a bit unfocused, right?