Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not Writing. Men in Trees.

Three more for-sure days of not writing, and there’s so much to do, that I might have to take a few more days off next week. Liz Wolfe, Monday, talked about "jonesing for writing" while she’s sewing a wedding :-P and preparing for houseguests. I love how she says:

"I need a full week of I-don’t-care-if-anyone-eats-or-has-clean-clothes kind of writing."

Doesn’t that sound heavenly? I’m kind of paying for two years of that kind of writing, which is, um, why it’s taking so long to clean my house. Not to mention trying to fix all the broken stuff, lately!

Then there’s the other side to the coin, where we need to make sure writing comes before the busy work. *sigh* That’s usually my philosophy. It’s a good one!

On another note, has anyone seen Men in Trees? I’m crazy about it. The only confusing thing is that Maren Friske keeps referring to her, um, agent as her editor. This "editor" sets up publicity gigs for Maren, as well as negotiates her contracts with up to nine different publishers. This "editor" also told Maren (jokingly), that if Maren found another "editor," she’d kill her.

I guess I’m confused. This "editor" is obviously an agent, right? And how would a TV writer not know the difference between an editor and an agent? I mean, TV writers have agents, correct? All the ones I’ve read about, do!

I can’t wait to have a "I-don’t-care-if-anyone-eats-or-has-clean-clothes kind of writing" day.

2 bonus scribbles:

Liz Wolfe 8/15/2007 10:00:00 PM  

I haven't seen Men in Trees, but now I want to check it out.
And, yeah, as far as I know, screenwriters have agents.

StarvingWriteNow 8/16/2007 07:13:00 AM  

Well, that's Hollywood for you. Thinking the average public is too dumb to notice the difference.