Summer is a tricky time for Thursday Thirteens, but here I am again! I’m sorry for my sporadic participation. Who else is looking forward to school starting and a return to a "regular" schedule?
The winner, thanks to random.org, of the last Thursday Thirteen contest is Commenter #33, Karen Olson! (And I loved her title suggestion: Assassin by Night.) Will you email me at spyscribbler at gmail? Or I’ll eventually remember to email you, LOL. I’ve been doing so well at email lately, too ... (hah!)
This week’s book-to-win is Cherry Addair’s Edge of Fear. To win, just tell me the TV show that you’re looking forward to the most, this fall. Or the TV show you’re currently watching religiously. I need to program my DVR with some more interesting content. I guess that’s the problem every summer!
And now, because I miss 24 and my one post of "Jack Bauer Jokes" is the number one reason people visit my site, at least according to my statistics ...
Thirteen More Jack Bauer Jokes
- Jack Bauer doesn’t speak any foreign languages, but he can make any foreigner speak English in a matter of minutes.
- Jack Bauer teaches a course at Harvard entitled: "Time Management: Making the Most Out Of Each Day."
- Sun Tzu once wrote, "If your enemy is weaker, conquer him. If he is stronger, join him. If he is Jack Bauer, you’re fucking dead."
- Quentin Tarantino was asked to direct a biography about Jack Bauer. He passed. It was too violent.
- Jack Bauer was conceived by torturing the other sperm until they gave up the location of the egg.
- Jack Bauer once killed a group of Samurai Warriors with only a ball point pen. This lead to the phrase "The pen is mightier than the sword."
- Nostradamus once predicted in his journal: "In the century 21st, the one known as Jacques will be the savior of the world... five seasons in a row." Moments later, Jack Bauer knocked down the door, shot Nostradamus in the kneecaps, and yelled "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!"
- Jack Bauer has no problem following orders, unless you tell him to do something he doesn’t want to.
- When President Palmer quit to start doing Allstate commercials, it took him 43 takes before he could stop saying, "You’re in good hands with Jack Bauer"
- Jack Bauer was once shot. The bullet was killed on impact.
- Jack Bauer cannot stick his elbow in his ear, but he can stick your elbow in your ear.
- 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.
- In kindergarten, Jack Bauer killed a terrorist for Show and Tell.
Join in the Thursday Thirteen fun!