Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Universe.

Somedays, you just gotta laugh at yourself, you know?

I swear, the universe has been trying to tell me something for ages. It probably started over ten years ago. A hint here, a hint there. As I didn’t "get" it, it increased its hints in intensity every year.

Coming down to the past month or two, when it’s been daily nagging.

And then, last night, the universe planted itself in front of me, talking in that loud, slow voice we do when someone is being impossibly stupid, and drew a huge sign in big, block letters.

Then said, "Are. You. Getting. The. Message. Yet?" And looked, for all the world, like it wanted to add, "You. Daft. Idiot."

LOL. "Um, yeah. Got it this time."

Let’s hope.

2 bonus scribbles:

StarvingWriteNow 8/23/2007 09:48:00 AM  

So what was the message? (if it's personal, never mind though)

spyscribbler 8/24/2007 11:42:00 AM  

Nothing spectacular. That I should live in the present moment, basically. It keeps bugging me to investigate Zen meditation and Buddhism. I keep ignoring it because I'm a solid pagan, and I don't want to disrespect someone else's religion by believing only the parts I choose to believe, LOL, and mix it with parts I already believe.

Yikes. I am crazy.