Monday, August 13, 2007

What a Post!

Well, I just wrote a thirteen paragraph post about my day yesterday, and realized, when I was done, that it wasn’t in the slightest bit interesting. My brain seems to deteriorate when I don’t write.

I’m on a three-week stretch of no writing. I’ve been doing a little haiku at night, as well as some accidental plotting in my head (can’t seem to shut that off), but I haven’t written. I’m starting to feel panic. Starting to feel like I’m not a writer.

So when’s the last time you had Chex Mix? I mean, HOMEMADE Chex Mix? I love making it myself, because then I can put in a little extra butter and Worcestershire sauce, a little extra pepper, and only use rice and corn chex. Nothing else. It’s PERFECT!

I can eat myself sick on it. Usually do.

Okay, this post is no more interesting than the last one. At least it’s shorter. :-) How’s your day going? Your writing?

Would anyone out there know if electric drills have a screwdriver head/bit thingamabob, or if that’s another electric drill-sort-of tool that I can’t find in DH’s lack of organization? I’m trying to build shelves, to get the 12-shelf bookcase disaster off the floor.

9 bonus scribbles:

avery 8/13/2007 05:20:00 PM  

Drills are capable of holding screw bits. Whether or not DH owns any (and if you'll ever locate them) is another thing entirely.

I've been plotting all day today. No 'actual' writing, but I consider plotting and characterization to be just as important as putting down concrete sentences. So, don't sell yourself short; you worked.

Susan Helene Gottfried 8/13/2007 06:09:00 PM  

Grrrrrrrr. I'm on the laptop, on a fiction roll and ... the Tour Manager needs help making dinner.

He's lucky I love him. That's all I gotta say...

Erica Orloff 8/13/2007 06:49:00 PM  

Working on my synopsis. Pure torture. Usually, they fly outta my head, but this one . . . is harder because it's the second book in my next Nocturne trilogy, and I have to be sure I leave enough "room" in the story for book III. ARGH!
E
P.S. Haven't had "real" Chex Mix since junior high.

StarvingWriteNow 8/13/2007 07:34:00 PM  

If DH has any 'thingamabobs' they'll be 6 sided, squared off on one end with either a flat or phillips head on the other.

Hey, I actually wrote 500 words the other day. Believe it or not.

OpenChannel 8/14/2007 12:34:00 AM  

Yes, absolutely, plotting in your head counts. Sometimes I go for long walks just to think about my plot. Sometimes I ask my HoneyBaby to come with me so I don't sound like a crazy person talking to herself. I tell him he doesn't even have to listen, just let me ramble about my story. Haha.

I just joined the Poetry Train, you should come too, and bring your haiku!

Are you on a 3-week writer's block or is it simply a matter of being too busy?

spyscribbler 8/14/2007 01:09:00 AM  

Finding them is the kicker, Avery, you're right. I've looked everywhere. I know it's none of my business as it's his stuff, but it would've been nice if he would've left it all in one place, in case everything fell apart when he left. Which it did!

Awww, Susan, the sacrifices. The rolls are so unpredictable, one hates to interrupt them.

LOL, Erica. Last time I tried to leave enough room in for one more, it ended up being two more. But I didn't think I had one more in those bits. I wish I could send you some Chex Mix, but I forgot about it and burnt it. Darnit.

Yay, Starving! I hope you had fun!

One of these weeks, I'll get on that poetry train, Open Channel! These three weeks are 13 hour workdays with only thirty minutes for lunch as my only break. Ugh. Plus doing all the bits around the house DH does, and fixing every darn thing that is breaking around here! What is up with that???

OpenChannel 8/14/2007 02:17:00 AM  

Ah, yes. I am against 13 hour work days. Actually, I'm against 8 hour work days... haha.

House stuff falling apart does seem to happen all at once, doesn't it?

Oh - and since you were the only one to request a specific opening line from my last TT, I used that poem for my Monday Poetry Train. Thanks! It saved me from having to choose.

Bernita 8/15/2007 08:39:00 AM  

The art of waiting
Is grossly overrated.
Leaves fall while I sit.

spyscribbler 8/15/2007 08:51:00 PM  

Oh, Bernita. I just love how easily you write so well. And so true! I love it.