Sunday, September 23, 2007

Randomness.

Do you ever have days where your head is writing, and the real world is a major bother? Like you have difficulty focusing on what’s in front of you, because you’d much, much rather be in the fictional world you’ve created?

Do you ever not want to read, because you’d rather close your eyes and visit the people in your fictional world, watch and see what’s going on? Live in it?

I’m having one of those days where my hormones are wacked out, and sound just makes me insane. Not sound, but wrong sound. I’m told it’s due to a magnesium deficiency, not an insanity bred by years of perfecting and memorizing. Go magnesium, I’ve doped up on it, LOL.

Emotions are such weird things. They can get so whacked out over simple hormonal imbalances. I think it’s some inbred way of nature punishing you for not having kids. Or not having one every year since you’re 16 or something. I don’t know.

I’m irritable. And it irritates the heck out of me that I’m irritable for no other reason than hormones. Hence, I’m doubly irritated today.

And, thank you very much, I’d just as soon like to lay down and escape to my fictional world today. Ever have days like that?

8 bonus scribbles:

Michelle,  9/23/2007 02:53:00 PM  

I frequently am so deep in a story I don't want to read, or deal with anything other than my story. Two small kids makes the latter impossible though, LOL.

Erica Orloff 9/23/2007 02:54:00 PM  

The activities of daily living have a way of f*cking with my writing vibe.

Four kids DEFINITELY ar distracting.

My own brain is distracting.

And hormones? Don't EVEn get me started. ;-)
E

spyscribbler 9/23/2007 03:15:00 PM  

Michelle, yeah, that's the feeling. I don't know you guys do it with kids!

And Erica, yeah, they do, don't they? I really don't know how I'd write at all if DH didn't look after all the annoying, little stuff.

With four kids? Wow!

Hormones make me crazy!

Ello 9/24/2007 03:15:00 AM  

I would like to escape into my fictional world where you can eat anything in the world you want and not gain any weight. Where you can read a book and get to a climactic part and not have someone bothering you to come help them with their homework or cook them dinner (sheesh!). Where you can cook a gourmet meal and have no dishes or pots and pans to wash afterwards. Is that asking too much?

Edie 9/24/2007 11:14:00 AM  

I have one word for fixing hormones: chocolate. LOL I wish it would be that simple. I often am somewhere and think: I'd rather be writing. I have to force myself to go out sometimes.

avery 9/24/2007 12:13:00 PM  

"...I’d just as soon like to lay down and escape to my fictional world today. Ever have days like that?"

Pretty much every day of my life.

Karen Olson 9/24/2007 08:17:00 PM  

I take hormone replacement...because without the hormones, it's much much worse.