Sunday, September 16, 2007

Raw Talent

Check this Ebay Auction out.

No, really. Check it out. I laughed myself silly!

It doesn’t appear that she’s actually an aspiring or professional writer. But, she got $147 for $10 worth of merchandise. Even though she said, after the price went up to $40, "And $40.00??? What are you guys nuts? There’s nothing special about these cards. Are you bidding on them thinking I’ll be a famous author someday? :::laughing like a crazy lady over that one::: "

Some people just have that special voice, some raw gem of something.

7 bonus scribbles:

Erica Orloff 9/17/2007 06:52:00 AM  

LOL! I love it. And she deserves it. VERY funny piece and started my day with a laugh. Thanks for sharing this. Very much sounds like my life sometimes.

StarvingWriteNow 9/17/2007 07:27:00 AM  

Amazing what people will buy... if she actually gets a book deal for an ebay post, I'll cry. That is totally NOT fair. (Why didn't I think of it first??)

Edie 9/17/2007 10:47:00 AM  

OMG, I loved it! Thanks for posting it, Spy.

Michele 9/17/2007 12:03:00 PM  

How clever of her! LOL

Thanks for posting the link, spyscribbler. I love it.

spyscribbler 9/17/2007 01:10:00 PM  

Oh, Erica, doesn't she? I'm really rooting for her. I forgot to post her blog, which is very funny, too: Because I Said So.

Awww, Starving. I hear your pain! It's funny to watch everyone's different writing career trajectories. We're all so different. I tell myself that we all have the path we need to get where we're supposed to go.

It sure made me laugh, Edie!

Michele, I was astounded by it. Very clever!

Kate S 9/18/2007 10:56:00 AM  

Thanks for the link! That was great. Six kids or one, they're all the same. The only thing that changes now are which items are sneaked into the cart. I have an unauthorized collection of "People" magazines to prove it.