Sunday, October 14, 2007

More Inspiration

Check out Barbara Samuel’s ten tips on writing a richer book, every time.

If you’re not into NaNoWriMo, have you considered NaBloPoMo? That’s National Blog Posting Month ... one post a day for thirty days. :-) (I only say that selfishly, ’cause some of my favorite blogs have slowed down their postings...)

I’ve been reading the regional forums of NaNoWriMo, and I am so impressed! There are lots of teenagers and college students attempting it, too. Isn’t that something?

When I was that age, I don’t remember doing anything "extra" like that. I’m just so impressed that they’re adding 50,000 words to their already overloaded schedule, in addition to their schoolwork and all the other activities students have these days. Heck, I find something very cool and inspiring in the fact that they are writing and want to be writers!

Their introductions are just full of so much enthusiasm, that I can’t wait to join in.

That’s not to say that most of the Nano-ers are young. On the contrary, there’s a wide range of experience and age and professionals and non-professionals.

There’s just a lot of starry-eyed enthusiasm to feed off of. A few of you mentioned the "inherent snobbery" in the writing community, and I just think of the martial arts. Ideally, beginners are as prized as those more experienced, mostly because that enthusiasm is priceless.

I know where I’m hanging out next month.

How do you remember that wonderful beginner’s love and enthusiasm? Or do you? Where do you get your batteries recharged?

3 bonus scribbles:

Ello 10/14/2007 05:33:00 PM  

I would love to post something everday but wouldn't want to be held to it because sometimes my brain slows down and gets lethargic and there is just nothing interesting to post about and I hate to be uninteresting! But I'm still waffling on the regular Nano deal.

Erica Orloff 10/14/2007 07:23:00 PM  

I still have a lot of enthusiasm for craft--heck, my entire blog is about that. But right now my personal life is in a shambles . . . just a lot of external stress. So I think Nano could go either way--inspire me or feel like another drain on my energy.
E

spyscribbler 10/14/2007 08:36:00 PM  

LOL, Ello. You're pretty awesome about posting. My brain slows down a lot, LOL ... I think it might be a chronic condition.

Erica, that's one of the reasons I love your blog. :-) Strangely, I don't think much of craft while I'm actually writing. I should!

(And your busy-ness sounds absolutely frightening to me. I wish we could help you! Let me know if we can do anything, really.)