Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blogger's Block

I haven’t written for two days.

But you see, I only write at Borders, unless it’s an emergency, and circumstances have dictated that I stay at home for a few days. And since I just finished a project, I figured it would be fun to take a day or two off and watch myself crawl out of my skin.

DH wanted to watch a Christmas movie together. May I ask, dear Lifetime, with all the writers in the world clambering to get their work published, if this is really the best script you can find? What, are you paying $500 a script or something? I mean, really.

Heck, I think nearly every writer that I know, unpublished and published, can write a better script than the one I just watched.

But have you seen Chuck lately? Remember how I was unsure about it?

It got good. Real good.

I wish they had life coaching for children. We humans are our own worst enemies, and we give ourselves so many mental blocks. I’d be a child’s life coach in a second. Oh wait, I kinda do that already. Well, still. It’d be more fun to just sit and chat with them about their whole life. Oh wait, I kinda do that already, too.

Does anyone watch The Unit? I’m behind a couple episodes. How’s it going this season?

Let’s see ... um ...

That’s it.

And this is your brain on blogger’s block.

.

Life is really boring without writing. I think I’m ready to write at home now.

Does your brain kinda stop working when you stop writing, too?

10 bonus scribbles:

Bailey Stewart 11/28/2007 09:40:00 PM  

Brain? What brain (someone who hasn't written in a year). On the other hand, I have gotten up to 1685 on Christmas Hangman ...

Erica Orloff 11/29/2007 09:13:00 AM  

I have major brain fog.

And I LOVE, love, love Chuck.
E

Edie 11/29/2007 09:35:00 AM  

I haven't watched Chuck since the first episode. Please don't get me hooked on another TV show. Please.

Okay, now I'll have to watch it. :(

When I have finish one book and don't start another one right away, I watch more TV read but I also devour a couple books. And then I get itchy and need to write.

StarvingWriteNow 11/29/2007 10:02:00 AM  

Yes, it does stop working (hence my question from Tuesday about creative flow).

Michele 11/29/2007 11:02:00 AM  

I haven't seen Chuck yet. That's on Monday nights, right? The commercials looked promising...

My new favorite show is Pushing Daisies! I LOVE that show!! Have you seen that one?

Erica Orloff 11/29/2007 11:29:00 AM  

Michele:
That's my only other Must See.

:-)
E

spyscribbler 11/29/2007 11:53:00 AM  

LOL, Bailey! I have to admit, I've played Holiday Express a few times the last few days. :-)

Isn't Chuck awesome, Erica?! I just love all the characters, every single one.

Oh, Edie, do try! I've discovered, though, that I can only watch TV in bed after I'm really tired. Otherwise I get bored and irritated.

I'm currently reading Irving's A Widow for One Year. I kept losing the book around the house, but at least now I have some big chunks of time to read it with.

Writenow, good point! I didn't connect the dots, but you're so right.

Hmm, Michelle and Erica. I saw the previews and thought it looked good, but I didn't DVR it. I'll have to try that this week!

Barrie 11/29/2007 03:36:00 PM  

Cranky. That's how I get when I don't write. Very cranky. Ask anyone who lives with me. :)

Aimless Writer 11/29/2007 06:10:00 PM  

My brain screams when I stop writing, children run and hide, dogs refuse to come inside, and the dh walks on eggshells. When I broke my last laptop he ran out and got me a new one the next day because he didn't want to face me when I wasn't able to write.
heh, heh, heh
;)

spyscribbler 11/29/2007 08:00:00 PM  

Barrie, I can relate!

Aimless, wow, can I have your husband? I want a new laptop!