I had a great post about MySpace and characterization, but I turned on my space heater. Now that DH has ALL the Christmas lights up, of course this blew a fuse. Luckily, this didn’t happen before I finally got my blogrolls installed on my blog. (See far right sidebar over there.)
Have you seen the new Amazon Kindle? It’s like the Sony Reader, in that you can read it easily in broad daylight and it’s easy on the eyes.
DH reluctantly likes the idea of it. I think I’d rather have an Amazon Kindle than a Sony Reader, but DH is grumbling about the fact that we can’t pick one up and hold it and test it and look at it. That's a major drawback for me.
My favorite features, though, are:
- I need to slim down my "carrying weight" in a big way, and a reader will help me feed my book habit without taking up so much space.
- You don't have to be connected to your computer or the internet; it automatically connects to Amazon via wireless cellphone-type technology.
- You can sample the first chapter of anything for free, first.
- Newspaper subscriptions can be delivered wirelessly every morning!
- You can add notes to the text with the thumb keyboard thing.
- Built-in Dictionary
- Access to Wikipedia!
- AND NY Times Bestsellers and New Releases are always $9.99 or less. That's a huge savings!
Hey, about the blogroll links in my sidebar: I still haven’t added all of the links that are in my thunderbird reader yet. I’ve been trying to when I visit, but half the time I forgot. So if you’re not linked, please let me know. I know I read more blogs than are over there!
Speaking of updating my blog, do any of y’all have new books or a book that I don’t have in my orange sidebar? And see those flashing dots next to the recently updated blogs in the blogroll? Is that annoying or useful?
PS: The picture of the Amazon Kindle counts as a holiday picture, because it's on my Christmas list for 2008 ... including 2007, and my birthday ... LOL. But please send me some pictures! :-)