Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chocolate. The World's Prettiest Baby.

//static.flickr.com/2022/2123124726_447e8ae953_mI’m eating chocolate. Feeling better. I am resolved not to get depressed.

Ever feel guilty about being depressed when so many other people have it so much worse than you? Do you ever think, what right do I have to be depressed when ... ?

So I’m eating chocolate. And the picture to the left is my best friend’s baby (I’d just driven a bit, I’m a little mussed up), in my opinion the prettiest baby in the whole wide world. She’s walking now, this was about eight or nine months ago.

Babies have a way of cheering the heart.

Isn’t she the prettiest?

Speaking of the prettiest, Lainey has some really pretty Christmas pictures up on her blog.

5 bonus scribbles:

J.K. Mahal 12/19/2007 01:32:00 PM  

Do you ever think, what right do I have to be depressed when ...

Yes. But you know what? The fact that other people have things to be sad about doesn't mean that you don't have things to be sad about. And I think denying that you're depressed when you are is (at least for me) as damaging as letting it control your life.

That said, baby cuddling is one of the few surefire ways to get me out of the mean reds and it looks like it works for you too. :) Watching dopey Christmas movies also works for me (especially the short animated ones)

I hope things lighten up for you. Many good vibes headed your way.

spyscribbler 12/19/2007 03:57:00 PM  

J.K., she is the prettiest. I swear I can't take my eyes off of her. I do enjoy Christmas movies, too.

Rudolph and The Little Drummer Boy get me every time. And I'm crazy about The Santa Clause movies! The first is my favorite. Do you have a favorite?

Thanks, J.K.!

Stewart Sternberg 12/20/2007 11:06:00 PM  

Chocolate and babies...interesting combination for fighting depression, especially when you combine the two.

Some say depression is anger turned inward. I've always hated that saying. When I was younger, and in a long funk, I would say that I was in a place called: THE PITTS. Hell, I spent so much time there that I had a condo and even considered running for public office.

Sometimes the best way to deal with depression is to embrace it and enjoy the ride down.

spyscribbler 12/21/2007 12:33:00 AM  

Stewart!!! I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see you back!

I did that this summer. I'm trying not to do that this time. Trying. We'll see which way works better. I'll probably end up in the pitts anyway. :-)

Kate S 12/26/2007 09:19:00 PM  

Yes, I know what you mean about guilt and depression.

And yes, she is a beautiful baby. :)