Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Giving Spirit.

//static.flickr.com/2077/2092454832_0b9e46c7c0_m

Caesar’s Palace, DH in front of giant Christmas tree.

This time of year, there’s lots of giving spirit going around. We all want to help, so here’s some authors (let me know if I left off any) combining their giving spirit with their books, and there’s some FREE ways to help below, too!

Eric Stone wants to keep Cambodian girls in school and out of sex slavery. He says:

"For the first 20 donations of $120 made to AAfC by Bleak House readers, the donor/s will receive one limited edition Evidence Collection copy of GRAVE IMPORTS and their choice of any one of five photographs of Cambodia taken by the author, Eric Stone."

Kate Johnson also has a Christmas Appeal for the Cat Protection League. She says she’ll donate all her money from the sales of Elf Gratification and The Twelve Lies of Christmas.

But you can give in free ways, too!

If you’re hard up on cash, there’s still some little things you can do! Try using yahoo’s GoodSearch search engine. You can enter your favorite charity or school from a participating nonprofit, and even add it to your toolbar so all your searches benefit a charity.

Then, of course, there’s the click once-a-day sites (which I often forget about, shame on me, because it’s so easy!), where only seconds of your time can make a difference:

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site
The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Click to Save Wildlife Habitat for FREE! CLICK HERE! Save Wildernes for FREE! CLICK HERE!
Save Rainforest for FREE! CLICK HERE!

5 bonus scribbles:

Bailey Stewart 12/06/2007 11:18:00 PM  

I've been using Goodsearch for quite some time. And the click a site. They are good things to do for those of us who are cash strapped.

Stephen Parrish 12/07/2007 01:38:00 AM  

Thanks! I'd never heard of these before.

spyscribbler 12/07/2007 08:36:00 AM  

You're so right, Bailey. I'm ashamed to say I forgot about the click a day sites until yesterday. I used to go every morning, They help assuage my guilt that I'm not doing enough, LOL.

Stephen, I didn't know about Goodsearch until NaNo. I love google, but yahoo was way cool to create Goodsearch.

Cat Marsters/Kate Johnson 12/08/2007 05:47:00 AM  

The free click sites are great--I have them set to send me a daily reminder so I acually do click every day.

Thanks for mentioning my appeal!

spyscribbler 12/08/2007 10:05:00 PM  

That's a good idea. I keep forgetting, Cat!