Friday, December 14, 2007

I forget every year ...

... how much work it takes to relax and enjoy the holiday season. I’ve made and frozen about twelve or so batches of cookie dough. They’re our gifts this year.

Well, hey, not to be cheap, but we put lots of fun and love into them.

But now I’m tired and I’m watching The Santa Clause.

What about you? Are you tired yet?

I keep telling myself that the week between Christmas and New Years will involve lots of kicking back and enjoying the tree. And eating cookies and leftovers and cozying up together in front of the TV.

I just got a story idea last night before I fell asleep. In fact, I was so excited about it I woke up three times last night to remember it, because obviously my brain was very fearful it would forget it by morning.

No spies. Sleepy brain got spooks confused with ghosts. I gotta write this one, anyway. It’s crazy and it’s not at all in the plan, but I just want to write it anyway.

Ever have a story like that?

6 bonus scribbles:

spyscribbler 12/14/2007 07:12:00 PM  

(Worded that wrong; I'm tired. We're going to cook the cookie dough, then give it as gifts. :-) )

Erica Orloff 12/15/2007 08:03:00 AM  

Hi Spy:
I am SO exhausted that I feel like I am just ill . . . and I have barely BEGUN Christ,as stuff, thanks to the Plague that went through my house. I am not a happy camper this holiday. :-( Working on getting less Scrooge-like.
E

Edie 12/15/2007 10:30:00 AM  

Spy, very cool about the idea. I can feel your excitement. I'd have to get up from bed and scribble the idea down.

My husband made cookies last night. Yum. I ate four, then went upstairs so I wouldn't eat anymore. Cookies are a better gift than something someone else might not like. Who doesn't like cookies?

spyscribbler 12/15/2007 11:31:00 AM  

Oh, Erica, you've had a rough month. I'm praying that your family has plenty of good health the rest of this year and next!

The upcoming family stuff makes me feel scrooge-like, too. But sitting in front of my finally-decorated Christmas tree?

That makes me very happy. :-)

spyscribbler 12/15/2007 11:32:00 AM  

Edie, yeah, I'm excited. I have to write a couple chapters and see how it goes, but if it does, then I'm whipping that puppy out as fast as I can, before I get scared, LOL.

Cookies! Yes! I'm glad to hear you say that. I hope so!

Angie 12/16/2007 07:40:00 AM  

I'm like that too. [nod] I'll get a bit of an idea -- like a story seed -- from a dream, or when my mind is wandering right before I fall asleep or right after I wake up. I figure if I can still remember it when I'm conscious it's probably worth dinking around with. :)

Angie